How to help with missing/broken cities/regions

Head on over to Missing/Broken Cities Tracker to report issues and/or help us in the effort to fix data in OpenStreetMap. Please provide as much information as you can. :smiley:

Here’s what I need in that spreadsheet

• The City, Region, and Country columns must be filled in
  • The OSM Issue column helps, but isn’t required
  • The OSM Fixed column is there to tell me whether or not the city is ready for import; if OSM is not fixed, then I cannot import the city
  • The CS Issue is almost always City Missing, but sometimes it can be that there are no streets or no border
  • The Notes column is a great place to tell me if this is a nested city or not - use the format “nest under [CityStrides link to the parent city]”
  • The OSM Link column is where you add the link to whatever data you can find - if the issue is that the city exists as a Node, then include the Node link … if the city is ready to go please set this to the Way or Relation link (read below on how to get that) because I cannot import the city without this link
  • The CityStrides Link column is there in case the problem being reports is for an existing city … it’s not common, but this column is useful for those cases

Here’s how to get the OSM Link

• Visit https://nominatim.openstreetmap.org
  • Search for the city
  • Click the details button for the city
  • Copy the relation 123 or way 123 link in the top section of that page
  • Paste the link into the OSM link column in the spreadsheet
10 Likes