Badges for milestones

Maybe something based on orders of magnitude could be interesting? complete a city with <10 streets, get a level 1 badge, complete a city with <100 for level 2, etc. This would be a good incentive to do something with the long tail of low-completion cities most striders seem to have, and the badges could also be displayed on the user card for extra street cred.

Edit: since this has been split into its own topic I wanted to add that the badge on the name card for completing a city is the main idea. It would be cool to see who has already completed cities without having to dig into their profile, and having different tiers would also show the difficulty of the projects.

I extracted this idea out of the other idea for Time-based challenges because it stands on its own - outside of the timeframe limitation. :+1:
I like this idea, too … it’s kind of similar to what this forum software has built in, where the more you interact within the forum the more badges you receive.

update: I think I prefer the term “Achievements” over “Badges”, after thinking about it a bit

3 Likes

Found this as I was looking for something I thought I had seen before… Something along the line of a “First to complete badge”, and perhaps also badges for who was 2nd, 3rd, 4th, etc. Just finished my 2nd city, St. Pete Beach, and was the first to do it. Also was first to complete Keller, TX, but that one is waiting for the next OSM update to show 100%.

Check out smashrun for this idea. they have a LOT of ‘badges’. I have had quite good times chasing a lot of them over there

1 Like

Garmin does a pretty extensive job with badges too. Hopefully this link works - https://connect.garmin.com/modern/badges (to the badges page, as it’s showing my badges)

I added my CS badge idea here: First, second, third, etc. city completion badge