Total miles in a city idea

Not sure if this has been mentioned or suggested before so apologies if it has.
I’m not sure if the databases used for these cities have the length of each road/street that is within that city.
It would be cool to finish a city and find out that all of the streets combined is say 52 miles or something like that.
Would also be neat as you’re keeping track of the streets that you’ve run in a town. The percentage complete can be misleading. For example I’m working on the town of Epping NH currently. 187 streets total, and I’m really dreading running route 125, a 5ish mile stretch of road that is super busy with traffic most hours of the day. Say I complete 186/187 streets in epping. City strides will say I’m 99.5% complete with the town when I really have a single very long road to run which is probably closer to 5% of the total mileage of roads in the town.

2 Likes

I also like this idea, but for a slightly different reason. I will sometimes have a lot of streets progressed but not completed, so it doesn’t factor into the % completed. So, if it would show percentage of miles ran for a city, then that would be easier to gauge how much more running it was going to take to complete.

2 Likes

I would love the number because I am fond of statistics and graphs: number of streets, nodes, kilometers (or miles if you live elswhere :slight_smile: )
Even buildings, canals, schools, churches, foodstores, dead ends etcetera would be fine :slight_smile:

1 Like