Sync button not visible anymore?

Hi. The sync did not work for me since May 28. I use runkeeper. Lucia - CityStrides
Thanks!

Hi,
my account (Erik van Walree - CityStrides) hasn’t synced sinds May 18. Activities on May 18th and May 20th. I’m a runkeeper user. Thanks!

Seeing inconsistent syncing as well–sometimes it is immediate but other times (like today) my new activity hasn’t synced yet. (user #298)

I’ll throw in a vote to bring back the ‘sync’ button–it allows the most active users to sync immediately if the auto scripts are having trouble.

My Activities from May 18, 19, and 20 have now been uploaded. Many Thanks!

:tada: WOO! :tada:

I made a change yesterday that I was hopeful would fix this all up … It looks good so far, but I wanted to wait a day before announcing anything. I think each account will be updated by this evening (Eastern Time).

There’s still some more work for me to do, for sure, but this should at least even things out a bit.

Well…eh my account has DISAPPEARED!
I linked to Runkeeper again and now still 0 runs, so I will wait.
How count my account disappear? I am Marco Lagendijk - CityStrides now.
It’s ok if everything comes back, but I think all the non-existing streets that I have ticked as ‘Run’ will have to be processed again :frowning:
A possible cause: a few days ago, I disabled my connection with Runkeeper and hoped to connect it again, but this was impossible. I guess it has happend now…

I disabled my connection with Runkeeper

Yeah, that’s what did it. CityStrides understands that as “user has quit, delete their stuff”.

On the positive side, things will return to normal for you - completed/progressed streets & all. It just might take a bit of time … My worker/database are extremely busy right now, catching up on all the activities that have been missed over the last couple weeks. :frowning2:

Ok, thank you! I am a software engineer myself and understand the troubles one can have with external connections and API’s. Good luck!

1 Like

My runs have synced, but no streets are listed as completed. Will this eventually fix itself as well?

Yes, there’s just a lot of work in the queue because of these lost weeks. :open_mouth:

James, whatever you did seemed to work for me. Runs for the last two weeks have finally synced! Thank you so much. Now back to finishing my run of Denver…

Well this is interesting. My runs starting syncing yesterday after three weeks of no activity. My run from June 6th and June 7th seem to be complete but all of the other runs have no data, no map, no streets complete, etc. Is this going to be synced as part of the backlog or is this problematic?

It looks my backlog is complete :slight_smile: But some strange issues: some runs are incomplete e.g. CityStrides, it should be 12 km but is hardly 100 m on the map. Next to that, my lifetime map excludes many run streets, this is really weird.
Now I wonder: can I fix this incomplete run myself by deleting it from citystrides? Will it reload?
Kind regards,
Marco.

My Garmin has a “Ride mode”. If I upload to Strava (it appears correctly as a ride) then change the activity type to “Run”… is CityStrides going to pick it up? I don’t think so?? Therefore I really need a manual sync button for this use case too.

Alternatively, is there a way we could copy and paste an activity URL (or enter an activity ID?) to import that single activity?

Edit: I’m no longer sure that changing an activity type would cause CityStrides to miss the activity. Last night it seems that syncing might just have been backed up a bit. Some testing might be required. If it does, that might be a good way to force a sync from Strava? I’ll try to test that for you today.

Is there an update to this? I have multiple activities that haven’t been brought over from strava. Do I just wait? Are they being brought over automatically eventually? Thanks in advance!

I had an activity in Strava that didn’t sync correctly. I deleted it and eventually it got re-synced. This was recently, after the removal of the Sync Button, so it will appear, just a matter of time.

Hi James - My activities have started syncing again since June 6th but there is still 11 activities between May 19th and June 5th which have not. All of these activities indicate no streets complete, no streets progressed, and no map associated with this activity. Are these going to be synced over time or should I delete them to trigger a re-sync?

If there is a manageable number of activities to delete, then that would be a good way to go - delete them & let the next sync recreate them. I’m still working on a way to fix all of these automatically on my side, because some people have too many activities that need to be fixed…

Hmm… that didn’t seem to work. I tried deleting just one activity from June 6th but it didn’t get deleted. Any other suggestions? Or should I just wait for the programatic fix?

A number of people wrote in this thread that they were having trouble with synchronization & also trouble with older activities that weren’t properly synchronized. I’ve got some good news…

I believe I’ve sorted out the core issue - so new activities should not be created without a map any more. I’ve also gone through the members in this thread (and a couple others), and synchronized old activities. So all of your activities should now have maps.

It might be another day before completed/progressed counts etc get caught up.

I’m now working through the full backlog of activities that weren’t synchronized correctly. There are over 230k potential activities to reprocess, though, so it’ll take a bit of time.

2 Likes