LifeMap is blank

Just a quick update with some good news!..

I’ve fixed the code so that no new activities will cause this issue.

I’m going through each account mentioned in this thread, cleaning up the old data that is blocking the map from drawing. I can see 10 accounts with this problem, so I should have those fixed this week.

If you’re just seeing this thread now, and want to report your account as having this issue (no other issues in this thread please - this is just for a blank LifeMap here) then please reply with your User ID … you can get this by visiting https://citystrides.com & hovering your mouse over your beautiful face up in the top right of the page & clicking Profile … your User ID is the number at the end of that URL.

Having issues with my life map loading. User number 11159

1 Like

Having the issue as well. ID # 11576.

same problem, userid 4474

UserID 3083

I’m curious how https://citystrides.com/users/3083/map_beta works for you, qaptain!

Thanks @JamesChevalier, works fine for me!

Thank you so much!!!
My user ID is 6354

For a week or so now, when I go to Lifemap, I just get the background map and not the streets /routes I’ve run. Anyone else having same experience?

1 Like

nope, no problems here

Thanks. Maybe an issue with my settings?

Your issue might be related to:

Hi! I can see that I have completed 42% or the roads in the town, but I don’t see them on my map. I need help on how to make them visible on the map. TIA for the help.

Any chance it’s related to this issue?

https://community.citystrides.com/t/lifemap-is-blank/

Might be. The first time I logged in I was able to see all my completed roads, but since then I have not been able to figure out how to pull up the map. Thank you for trying to help.

While I have always been able to access the website just fine on a mobile device, I’ve never been able to view my LifeMap. Trying to load my LifeMap will cause it to freeze up. Error messages include “This webpage was reloaded because a problem occurred” and “A problem repeatedly occurred.” This happens on both an iPhone and iPad.

(1) Seeing as I’ve always had this issue on both of my mobile devices, I imagine it’s the same for all users.
(2) Does using LifeMapLive work on an iPhone?

Thanks for all your hard work. Off to work on Clearwater a bit more!
CityStrides191006|690x496

1 Like

Wow! What a map!

My current guess - and I’ve got an item in my to-do list for this - is that a certain amount of data breaks the map view on some devices.
Right now, I’m displaying the LifeMap as a collection of each activity’s encoded polyline - converting each to GeoJSON for display on the map. I wrote some code to store that data in the browser, so it shouldn’t re-query the site every time you visit … but I’m not :100: certain that this is working as expected.
I’m doing some research into mbtiles, and serving those separately. I think this is the most efficient way to display this data. I have some privacy concerns that I haven’t addressed yet.

If anyone reading along has some knowledge on the most efficient way to store lots of data in Mapbox, please share. :smile: Or if you want to do some research and share what you find… :+1:

1 Like

The LifeMap works fine on my iPhone. It does however require me to log in again almost every time I go back to it.

I’ll second that. I have pretty much never been able to get my lifemap to load on any mobile browser. I’m on an iPhone 8 now, for the record.

Just to be contrary, I have no issues viewing my lifemap on mobile (android version 9 on a samsung s9 -perhaps it’s an iphone/ipad software specific issue?)