I have a completely horrid version of Challenges (based off Time based filtering and challenges) that I’m about to test on myself. After I’m convinced that it works enough, I’d like to invite a few people to test it out with me.
I’ve built out the underlying system to handle the data for these Challenges, and I’ve got a few pages to display progress. I’m certain that these pages are total garbage so part of the testing process will include lots of feedback on the interface. I’m also not entirely confident in the direction I chose for the data architecture, although it is built in a way that’s very easy for me to change/remove. I don’t think that testers will get too involved with those details, but your feedback on what you want to do with the Challenges may influence my architecture decisions.
I have some requirements for those who would like to help test this:
- You have to be a current Supporter
- You have to be fairly active; if you’re only running/walking once per week, then testing will be slowed down too much
- Ideally, your account is public; it’s very difficult for me to create something that I cannot see
- Ideally, your Challenge has concrete start/end dates like Jan 1, 2020 -> Dec 31, 2020 or a single month or a single weather season or something like that
Let me know if you’re interested by replying in this thread.
- CityStrides User ID or link to your profile page
- If you have an ongoing challenge for yourself now, a link to the city that you’re trying to complete
- If you have a timeline for your challenge already, let me know the start/end dates
- If you have a challenge for yourself now that isn’t “complete my city in a specific timeframe”, please describe your challenge