This website is under heavy load (queue full)

Recently I’ve been encountering problems with the CityStrides website not loading.

“This website is under heavy load (queue full)
We’re sorry, too many people are accessing this website at the same time. We’re working on this problem. Please try again later.”

This isn’t too much of a problem when I’m at home, but it’s happened during my last two runs. In the end I had to cut them both short because I couldn’t access my Life Map to see which roads I’d already run (and not run) and didn’t want to end up duplicating roads.

Is there a fix on the horizon?

It’s tied to my recent screwup on the global data testing. I’m hoping that the worst of it is behind us.
Ultimately, it’s the database not being able to keep up & me not being able to drop another :moneybag: to increase its capabilities.

Wow! I don’t know how to feel about people stopping their run because CityStrides isn’t available :laughing: on the one hand it feels really nice to know that I’ve built something so important to people :smiley: on the other hand I probably would’ve guessed at the incomplete roads & continued my run - and I made the damn thing :rofl:

I do think it’ll all kind of sort itself out. I really taxed the database with my recent mistake - it added hundreds of millions of bad records & things get weird around adding/deleting lots of data.

Guessing at roads is the fun bit!