Puzzling "incomplete" nodes

I am seeing some weirdness on formerly completed streets, such as College Avenue in Somerville, MA. I’ve attached an image of the “incomplete” nodes. I think you’ll agree that I’ve traversed them. :smiley: (That street shows only one strider now, who completed on May 2, 2021. I’m certain that many more striders have actually completed it.)

I am seeing the same weirdness on First Avenue in Somerville.

I’m having the same issue with First Ave in Somerville (I haven’t completed College Ave yet). I noticed all the people who were 100% in Somerville now have those same two streets marked as incomplete. I also have the same problem with 6 streets in Newton, MA and 5 streets in Weston, MA. I had two streets do that in Waltham too, but they seem to have fixed themselves.

All these cities just updated from OSM so I’m assuming that has something to do with it.

That looks like it might be party of the recent update @JamesChevalier applied that forced a street to be re-calculated if the number/location of nodes changed

Looks like maybe it is marking them to be updated but not actually re-evaluating them for the new/different nodes, possibly?

Yeah, it’s definitely my ‘validation’ of completed streets after adding new nodes that’s :boom: not working as expected.

I’m going to be looking into this tonight. Everything will go back to normal, but I apologize for the pain and confusion along the way.

5 Likes

Hello,

I had a number of street drop a few weeks ago from about 2400 to 2000, I assumed this was due to duplicates.

But now I just dropped from 2000+ to 900.
Does this makes sense? I do not believe more than half of street I ran were double counted. Note that the GPS count give 2400 streets, and when I go through the list, I do not find so many duplicates.

EDIT: I believe I found a lead. Take for example “Avenue Chazal - Chazallaan”. I see it in my completed street under the city “Schaerbeek” which is supposed to be nested in “Bruxelles”. But there is not record for this street under “Bruxelles” for this same street in my completed streets list. So it seems to be excluded as part of a nested city, but the street is not counted in the parent city.

Cheers,

Yeah, it looks like my attempt to ‘validate’ completed streets after adding new nodes to them is back-firing. There’s another thread on this issue that I’m going to merge this post into.

2 Likes

Your big drop might have to do with nested Brussels being added. I think it is still processing that one,but already removed the count of the individual communes. Once it is done processing, the count should then come back. Idk how long the processing takes, it was added in the weekend and doesn’t seem done yet. James might have more insight on this.

2 Likes

This is fixed for me now. Thanks!

Great to hear! This queue is still massive so I’m unsure what’s going on - it’s good to hear that it’s working, though.
In the meantime, I think I’ve figured out a safer way to ‘validate’ completed streets after new nodes are created. I’m just waiting for this queue to quiet down - I don’t want to add to the trouble.

2 Likes