OSM Editing: Confirmation of correctness?

@petje @JamesChevalier Is there a way to check if the edits I made in openstreets were correct? I edited Wedgewood St in Elm Grove, WI and Private Road and Kilbourn in Wauwatosa, WI. Notes were added.

There’s a checkbox when submitting your edits to request a review. Based on some conversations I’ve read, this is largely BS. None of the OSM edits are actually audited - everything is automatically accepted/live once submitted.

There are people that monitor changes, though, so if someone notices that your changes are wrong they’ll either fix it themselves or comment on your changes.

If you open the top right menu in OpenStreetMap, select My Profile, and then click the link for My Edits you’ll be taken to your changeset history. Here’s mine, for example.
If you look down the list of your history, you’ll see the right side has this little grey zero/comment bubble/plus symbol thing. If someone comments on your changes, that zero will change to display the count of comments. In my example link, you can see I have one change with 6 comments - that’s from people trying to help me not make a total mess of OSM. :flushed: :grimacing:
Anyway, keeping an eye on the comments on your changes is A Good Thing. :+1:

1 Like

Hi, i tried to find the streets you mentioned. do you operate under runbike11? For checking changes in osm it’s easy to send the link to the changeset or the changed object. I see the roads/streets you mentioned. but i don’t get what the change is exactly?
Wedgewood st, Elm Grove: is that this?
private road is here?
kilbourn is where?

and what are the desired changes you made? And what should it achieve in citystrides?

I hope i can help you getting more knowledge changing osm.

On google maps streetview is see a sign ‘do not enter’ on that private road. Access entry. If your goal is to have that street out of citystrides and made inaccessible for runners. I gues you should change the access to accesss=private in the tags.

Here is a change i propose to make the private road changes.

Hi,

Yes, I am RunBike11 in Openstreets.
Private Rd is in Wauwatosa.
W Kilbourn Ave is also in Wauwatosa, WI and this is actually an alley. I am proposing removing from City strides and even the map since it is actually an alley with no street sign.

Wedgewood Dr is in Elm Grove, WI and has an East and West. There appears to be a small road connected and there is one node on this part. This is private and someone’s driveway. Would like to make this one node private and removed from City Strides. The remainder of west and easy Wedgewood drive is fine and a regular street in Elm Grove, WI.

Thank you so much,

Stephen

Yes, I am RunBike11 in Openstreets.
Private Rd is in Wauwatosa.
I edited this one as i think it should be looking at the sattelite image and googlemaps

W Kilbourn Ave is also in Wauwatosa, WI and this is actually an alley. I am proposing removing from City strides and even the map since it is actually an alley with no street sign.

Wedgewood Dr is in Elm Grove, WI and has an East and West. There appears to be a small road connected and there is one node on this part. This is private and someone’s driveway. Would like to make this one node private and removed from City Strides. The remainder of west and easy Wedgewood drive is fine and a regular street in Elm Grove, WI.

alleys are also runnable imho as long as they are free accessable.
A private ally or something similar should be made private, by putting access = private on the line/street/alley. We don’t have to delete anything in citystrides. There will be coming updates to citystrides with the changes made in osm. At that moment the nodes we don’t want there, will be gone. In the mean time you could go for manual completion of the street. Since you know these nodes will be gone anyway in the future.

Thank you so much,

you’re welcome

Stephen
Patrick

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Question about editing Broomfield in OSM