Question about editing Broomfield in OSM

Hi there,

Can anyone help me with OSM here? I have never edited before, but want to do something that seems like it would be rather simple. There are several of my friends here (and myself) in Colorado who had been running the city (and it’s also a county) Broomfield, CO. Broomfield has disappeared in the CS update back in September. It turns out it didn’t actually disappear, but on OSM, there are two versions of Broomfield, one which is like a small dot and another that is actually the correct city. For whatever reason, Citystrides seems to be using the small dot now with the upgrade and not the actual city. It seems the error is in OSM, which has two versions of the city. The real city and the micro city. I’d like for CS to point to the correct city so we may all continue our quest of running Broomfield. Maybe this fix isn’t as easy as it sounds, but I’m willing to give it a go if anyone has advice. Thanks!

More info: When you search for Broomfield, CO in OSM, you get two choices from the search . “Town” (Which is wrong) and “County” (Which is correct; Broomfield is both a city/town and a county; maybe therein lies some of the confusion in either OSM or CS? Perhaps if “border_type” is classified in OSM as “county”, CS doesn’t recognize it as a city?)

I don’t think it negates your question, but I did get Broomfield into CityStrides the other day: https://citystrides.com/cities/171367

It looks like I have to generate its border, though.

1 Like

Oh, cool. Thank you!

Will it eventually regenerate my progress in that city (along with a few other people), or does that have to be done manually?

I have to figure out how to do that … or at least a better way to do that than I have now. :slightly_frowning_face: