Old discussion thread for Club / Crew / Group / Team

Has anyone else had any success with Community wide/collective challenges? I’d love to challenge my running community to run every single street of our city and see how quickly we can collectively do this.
As an example: Starting June 1, the entire running community has to collectively run every single street of our city before the end of the month.
Thoughts?
Thanks,

I’ve received this request a few times, now.

There’s currently no collaborative feature. It doesn’t look like there’s a post for this in Ideas so I’m going to move it in there. :+1:

Are there two things here?

• ability for a group of people to join their efforts with their full activity history
  • ability for a group of people to collaboratively complete a city within a certain time frame

I’m unsure whether people would want that full history version or not…

The full activity history idea pairs well with this idea that has been bandied about a few times (by me :wink: )

I remember a group from Rochester NY doing this, it was incredible. Not sure how they did it though!

Edit: Rochester Running Co is the username

@timothykunard So it was multiple people on one CS account?

I believe so. They completed Rochester wicked fast. Not sure how they did it though

1 Like

Thanks for the note on Rochester Running Co. Just looked them up, looks like it is a singular “User” that is somehow gathering multiple user’s data?
Still unsure if the general concept is doable in the current iteration of that platform as of now.

1 Like

I can only speak for myself on this one, but the 2nd bullet point would be the main concept that I am looking at. A full history, in this case, would remove the time bound nature of the “challenge”.

I thought this was about something different, so I’ll drop it here.

I collect ‘runwithme’ kilometers, noting which friends came along on a run, and how many km we did (though the latter part is less accurate)

It would be cool to do this as a couple, with my sweetheart, and count only streets we ran together.

That checks my ‘Judi City’ box.

Then, I could run the whole city with another friend (my city is small)

Anyway, great idea as it stands. Looking forward to enjoying some road running for a change.

1 Like

I guess this would tie in with the “friend” option but it would be good to be able to tag folk as part of a running club and have a leaderboard specifically for that group of people.

I can already think of challenges such as admin etc. But throwing it out there :wink:

1 Like

There’s a related idea here of allowing people to finish a city together. I’m unsure if the idea made it into Ideas but the gist of it is that streets completed by any member of a group all pool together towards the percentage complete - potentially with competitions between groups.

2 Likes

It would be nice if we could use City Strides with our friends, here the idea :

I can create a team and add my friends into it.

In the team we have a combined lifemap where we can see the lifemap of each member in a different color.

We have differents statictics :
The global cities progression. We work in team to finnish the cities. Doing all the streets of a city it’s quite difficult so working with friend to achieve this goal would be a fun thing to do.

The cities progression of each team member. Being in a team is also a competion. I want to do more streets than my friends ! Ex : I did 25% of a city and my friend did 13%.

Team Rank of total number of streets done, etc.

This idea would help challange friend to workout more ! In the same way right now I want to do more streets to get more “points”, challenging and working with my friend in my city would be something really cool to do !

Thanks for posting this! There’s at least one other post in Ideas about the idea of a team-based approach, along with emails I’ve received directly. People definitely want this & I want to build it.
Your post provides a great amount of detail around what this feature can/should look like. This helps so much!

I’ll update this post with links, when I have time to hunt down the other related thread(s).

3 Likes

I hunted down all others posts that have similar ideas. Here what I found :

Running Clubs

Collaborative Effort

More social interaction within CityStrides

Overlay two people’s citystride map view

Map comparison

Friends list/leaderboard

4 Likes

:fire: :fire: :fire:

Thank you!

I love the idea of different people’s life map in different colours… although you’d need to be able to chose the priority order in which they were overlaid (ie you might want your own route to be ‘on top’).

3 Likes

The idea of overlaying multiple LifeMaps sounds awesome regardless of teams! To be clear: an option when viewing another CityStrider’s user profile or LifeMap, have a ‘Compare’ button that brings to the map overlay screen, and/or have a drop-down menu populated by the cities/regions you have in common with that user. Definitely would need/want to be able to choose which map is on top, and/or (possibility to) make the top layer semi-transparent.

I keep editing this post because I have more related ideas, but taking it a step or two further, imagine the synergistic combination of LifeMap ReRun and the above-described Compare: you would be able to see the iterative progression of two different users :sunglasses:

2 Likes
2 Likes

Figured that idea was not novel, but what’s more embarrassing is that I already voted for it… :rofl:

1 Like