Nodes missed due to GPS drift

Is there some way to increase the radius around nodes that will count as hitting them. Some of my streets are showing nodes missed because of GPS variation, but I definitely ran them and I’m not so far off as to be in danger of hitting the next street or anything. I don’t want to have to go back and do it again. There are enough streets to keep me busy for a long time without repeating!

Here’s an example from my 13th July activity, East 51st Avenue:

This is weird. Based on the image, things seem to line up that the nodes should have been found. It must be that my code to find street points within X meters of the run points isn’t accurate enough. I’ll need to think this one through…

The way it’s currently configured, it iterates through your activity’s GPS records & marks any Node within 25 meters of it as ‘run’.

I think there might be some other factors, like if a street has 10 Nodes & you’ve run 1 & 2, 5-10 then you’ve probably run 3 & 4 as well… There are a lot of caveats to this, though - some of them are noted in this thread:

1 Like

It looks like the GPS lost reception. The line is suspiciously straight in the above image near the missing nodes. Check your GPS settings and make sure it is set to highest accuracy with 1 second update interval. Or you may need to buy a better GPS (obviously not ideal, but kind of necessary for those of us that are obsessed with citystrides).

1 Like