Need help updating OSM for Plymouth MA

I would like to update the OSM for Plymouth MA but I don’t feel comfortable doing it myself. I was wondering if anyone could do the editing for me.

1. Bradlee Lane- delete the last 3 nodes, they go off a cliff which heads to the ocean.

2. Owl Swamp Road- not a road at all just heavy woods.

3. Jackson’s Lane- delete the last 3 nodes, these go onto private property

4. Edison Access Road- it is a road, but it is the entrance to the old nuclear power plant and is not open to the public and secured by armed guards.

5. Cole’s Lane- Another real road that is under armed surveillance. It leads into the Plymouth County Sheriff private area. You can run up to the gate.

Saquish-This is privately owned peninsula by members of a trust. It has a guarded, gated entry and not open open to the public. All the streets on the peninsula should be marked private and not available to the public

Doublebrook-part of it is in the privately owned Old Sandwich Golf Club, again has a gated entrance. The part to the northwest that is in the green area is the golf club and needs to be changed to no public access.

I am still working my way through the roads, so there may be a few more to edit later.

If anyone can help, I would greatly appreciate it. If you need more details, let me know. Thanks!

(Kathy Bunszell - CityStrides)

done. You could give it a try, it’s fun once you’ve done it once or twice.

3 Likes

@jomipa3 I totally agree with @petje ! It is quite fun!

There is helpful info here in the wiki:

2 Likes

Thanks for the help! I might give it a try one of these days if I get someone to walk me through it the first time, like one of my kids!

2 Likes

So, it has been over a month and I have not seen that any of these streets have been updated in CityStrides. Does it typically take this long to update?

@jomipa3 Not typically, but I read, in other threads that updates were delayed… But from what I see, looks like they started up again.

1 Like

Ahh, anxiously awaiting the update. Lol

1 Like

I recall approx. 6 weeks is the interval, but that is also subject to a lot of factors. I saw a post where a Strider was keeping diligent records on updates for several cities. I don’t recall the results, but I’ll see if I can find it.

Here’s one, but not the one I was thinking of: Status of city refresh

This is it: OSM Update Time Tracking - #9 by davemorin

But I recall seeing a better one, more like a spreadsheet, with the history of several city updates. If I find it, I’ll post back.