Map Issues

I had the issue where I would click in my incomplete list and it would just disappear the list but it is fixed for me too now.

The lifemap not coming up automatically was disconcerting and I thought there was a bug. I didn’t even think to click the toggle switch. But now I know so I’m all good again.

@kepetit for me when I’m on the page for a city I see a lot of buttons overlaid on the map part of the mobile screen. Like zoom in or out on the right and on the left is an icon that looks like a foldable map and it brings my lifemap back on.

1 Like

Will the next fix return to defaulting the map of the city you are working on to show all of the completed streets?

This is how mine shows up in Chrome on iPhone12 am I missing the toggle or is it not there?

Oh, this is helpful!

The site-wide LifeMap toggle does only work for subscribers, which explains why the toggle button isn’t showing up in the top left corner of your map. This feature was part of a much larger rewrite that made all the map interactions easier for me to work with. The old code was seriously difficult to figure out every time I wanted to make a change, so I think I missed the fact that non-supporters could see their LifeMap on their city page.

This will be a bit more effort than many of the other fixes I’ve done today. I don’t know how long it’s going to take me to bring this back. :slightly_frowning_face:

3 Likes

Mine re-appeared for a short period yesterday but has gone again now. Did you change the default off to on again and then back off?

Using ios safari on a iPhone SE but yeah looks like you’ve already figured out the toggle button is only available to subscribers.

Another aspect to Updates on January 10, 2022 (Release 463) is that lots of your interactions with the map will now persist as you move around the overall CityStrides website.
One major benefit of this is being able to build a route while visiting one of your activities, then moving to a street that it progressed, then moving to the city it exists in - all without losing any of the route you’re building.

So what you probably did was toggle your LifeMap to display, then browse around the site, and it stayed toggled on the whole time. When you returned in a fresh session, its defaults kicked in (off).

That said, I’ve got a fix that’ll go in the next release to automatically show your LifeMap on city pages (and hide it when you transition away e.g. to a street page).

I still am having trouble. My life map is complete and is updating with new streets that I’ve walked but it won’t link with city boundaries. My map of Berkeley is completely empty. I assume this would be true for any city. I can get streets or boundary but not the two together.

Thanks is advance for your help with this,

Jennifer Mann

:thinking: When you view Berkeley at https://citystrides.com/users/34404/cities/2845 and you tap the top left icon that looks like an unfolded map … that doesn’t toggle your LifeMap on/off?

Also, if you open the top right menu and click “Profile” does it take you to this url? https://citystrides.com/users/34404

In viewing a city, I will typically want the lifemap to be shown as I am usually looking at the city to see what I still have to complete

I’m definitely learning that from everyone’s replies here & in email support! :sweat_smile:
I’ve got a fix that’ll go in the next release to automatically show your LifeMap on city pages (and hide it when you transition away e.g. to a street page).

2 Likes

The profile is Jennifer Mann - CityStrides
I do not see a map type icon in the upper left (or right)?? I’m not sure how to toggle life map on and off, but a restart of Citystrides or my computer doesn’t change the issue with the border map of Berkeley being completely empty. I am a paying subscriber so I should see that icon? I’ve been known to miss things that are right in front of me.

This problem started while I was on a walk, probably when you were doing the 1/10 update.

I’ll try restarting my computer again. I haven’t restarted since yesterday.

(re-posting with less personal data in the screenshot - sorry about that!)

The LifeMap toggle button is the one with the arrow pointed at it. All three buttons are only shown to supporters.
You are a supporter, so you should see all three buttons. Clicking the top one should toggle your LifeMap on/off (I’ve seen the first click take a few seconds).

life map in the city map is defaulting to hidden right now. turn it back on here

It’s fixed. I restarted and the map icon showed up. I swear it wasn’t there before, I just had the taskbar on the right. But, one can never be sure with me. I posted this in a reply but couldn’t find my original thread.

Thank you so much!
Jennifer Mann
80% of my city is complete!!!

2 Likes

beat me to it by mere seconds

champ

1 Like

So I guess in the near future the easy solution from a user point of view is to become a supporter? Ok then done as of last night. Everything worked just as it should for me today!

I have another issue with the map, but maybe it is due to the same update?

None of the red nodes will show in any of my maps. Not on my routes, not in a city and not in the life map.

I can see my streets, just not the nodes, no matter how much I click on the search icon.

(I am an supporter)

1 Like

Lanka, I think the node hunter is broken at the moment. I discovered this problem this morning and there’s now a separate thread about that.
Catriona

Hey Catriona,

Yes, I noticed that after I wrote her. Thank you! I am glad to hear that at least it is not only me that has the problem.

I hope I will survive :sweat_smile:

1 Like