Lifemap not updated

My life map hasn’t updated since Sunday.

Just started that process … very strange, I’ve seen this a few times :thinking:

I joined about a week ago and have had one activity sync, but nothing has synced since then and no previous activities have synced from my Strava account. Chet The Single Track Scoundrel - CityStrides

Hey, Chet.

Check out the status page - you will see that there are quite a few new accounts that have yet to get any historic syncing completed. Unfortunately, the Strava allowances are not enough to keep up with recent demand due to so many new signups.

With patience you should see a beautiful LifeMap soon, hopefully.

1 Like

So whatever you did worked, and my run today uploaded, but if I view my lifemap in my browser today’s run doesn’t show. If I load my lifemap in an incognito window though, I can see it. So clearly this time the problem is with chrome. Do you know the answer?

Edit: It’s even weirder. In the incognito window I wasn’t logged in. When I logged in, the heatmap no longer showed today’s run. Now I’m doubly confused.

Ooh, thanks for that update - that helps quite a bit!
Sounds like the private version of the LifeMap didn’t update properly.
(There’s some detail on that in the About The LifeMap wiki post)

I can manually clean that up for you, then look into the underlying bug later.

1 Like

I’m experiencing the same issue as @f05f244860901569362a. My activity from yesterday was imported but the lifemap wasn’t updated. I can view the updated lifemap in incognito, but not in a regular window.

My understanding is that there is some browser cache involved as well. This seems to be at play here, if incognito works - but - there’s also the fact that there are two versions of advanced LifeMap: public & private. Can you try logging in while in incognito as well? If it _still _doesn’t work that way, then there’s something wrong with the underlying data … but if it works that way, then it sounds like a browser cache issue.

I just logged in while in Incognito mode, and the newer data wasn’t actually there now. Interesting.

There’s a delay on that tile generation right now, but I just queued it up for you - let’s see if this fixes it.

Update I just noticed you’ve got two activities on April 5th. It’s very possible that the first activity arrived in CityStrides, which queued up all the correct jobs … then the second activity arrived & did not queue up the LifeMap job because one was already running. This would make the last activity not update in the LifeMap until your next activity arrived (or after I queued up that job manually :point_up:). I’ll adjust that behavior a little bit just in case that is the cause - let me know if that sounds plausible (how close were the two activities to each other?)

That may be. In any case, the LifeMap looks updated!

I seem to be having an issue with my lifemap as well - two runs now have not appeared on it. I tried it in incognito mode as well as on another device in a browser that I rarely used and had a cleared cache.

Update: mine has now updated, about 5 hours after this post. Disregard!

1 Like

I’ve given it a few days (Not that days really mean anything in particular right now!) and am still having Lifemap update issues as well.

I’m missing runs that I’ve done which appear on strava from March, as well as April.

I’m having the same issues with my lifemap not updating.

@alvesand & @1edb7c9a8ff05ca7f748 do you have activities that are present in CityStrides on your profile page and not present in your LifeMap? Or do you just have missing activities?

I still got lots of missing activities pending transfer from Strava, but there is some activities that is present in profile page and not in my lifemap.
Two examples:

I just became a supporter and my life map disappeared after this happened…is it because the system needs to re-sync? The last run I did shows up on my list, and i can see my run on that map itself, but life map vanished.

hello, i always thought my lifemap does not update - i have put my profile on public now and looked at the page without being logged in - and here i see all the routes? Only when i am logged in i only see a few days? I have emptied the cache scon. Also the point: “Reset Browser Storage” I have already clicked - no change ?