LifeMap is blank

Didn’t work. Killed Chrome. “Aw, Snap! Something went wrong…”
Edit: Same result in incognito tab.

Damn! :angry:
So it must be that there’s too much data being displayed on the map for your device(s). That’s a bummer, I was really hoping it was the strange X activities.
Well, I am researching better ways to display all this data - so hopefully I can eventually get this fixed up. Sorry!

Don’t be sorry, it’s a huge project.
What if you only gave the option for displaying per-city maps? Or sections of lifemaps? I don’t think the data is organized that way, but loading my ENTIRE map is what the issue is; typically (especially on mobile) I only need to see the area roughly around where I am.

I mean, for my use-case, I’d use the mobile heatmap feature to figure out which roads were undone.

New user here…after Synching all of my Strava activities, they are not showing up on the Lifemap. The first 20 or so activities that uploaded showed up on the map, but after all Strava activities uploaded, there was nothing on the map. I’ve tried different browsers on mobile and desktop, but still blank. Please help!

How long have you waited? I sometimes need to wait hours until my run show up, I think it is because processing takes a while (currently the Activity Processing Delay: is about 4 hours, you can check it in the menu) and there is some cache in the system as well.

You’re not the only one that have reported sync issues, @trailmonkey talks about a half-processed run here: Report Synchronization Issues Here - #153, so perhaps the system are having some hiccups at the moment.

Thanks. I downloaded Chrome and they showed up there for some reason.

1 Like

Wow, this issue is over a year old!

:tada: And it’s fixed! :tada:

The issue was that treadmill activities were imported into CityStrides incorrectly. The latitude/longitude coordinates were set to 1,1 or 0,0 or 1,0 or 0,1. This made it impossible for some browsers to render. Sorry, browsers!

:heavy_check_mark: First, I fixed it so that the issue couldn’t occur for new activities.
:heavy_check_mark: Then, I went back and cleaned up all the old activities with these bad markers.

Everyone’s LifeMap should work properly now. :rocket:

I think there is still an ongoing issue with people who run too much. :laughing: Some people have so many activities, that the browser just can’t handle displaying all that data. :flushed: The fix for this is being worked on now - you can read about it in Beta: LifeMap performance and you can use it today if you’re a subscriber. If you’d like to discuss this new beta, please do so over in that thread. :+1:

2 Likes

Morning,

user 15044

I got the same issue. Since becoming a Supporter it isnt working. The data downloading from Strava is going good but no Lifemap adjustments
(I tried IE, chrome and Firefox)

thanks in advance
Jordy Ariens

:thinking:
Your LifeMap displays fine for me. I do generate two versions, though, a public & private version. Maybe the private version is broken. I’ve started the job that builds your tile data, so let’s see how that helps. This could take a few minutes or up to a half hour, depending on how many activities you have.

thanks, it worked for my historical strava data.

Maybe got a new issue, my run of the 26th didn’t sync at all? (as far as I can see in Status there is no holdup)
Gonna run this afternoon again to see if it is something with new runs that aren’t syncing

thanks
Jordy

Hi James, user #8659

LifeMap has just turned blank for me today after not ever being a problem before.

It’s the same on both iPhone and also on Firefox browser (I typically use Chrome)

Hope you can help? Cheers

All my purple lines have disappeared from my lifemap. User number 20536.

How many activities do you have?

Does it work on other devices?

I have 1672 activities all from Garmin. Only have one device.

Borrowed a laptop and the lines were visible. So deleted citystrides cookies from my desktop and then relogged in. Lines are now back on my lifemap.

Edit:
Now a few hours later the Lifemap is working in all zoom levels again.

Yesterday my LifeMap was working fine. Today after my morning run it is blank in zoom level 9 or higher.
Everything is working if I use zoom level 8 or lower:

I got 661 activities in total.

If I logout my Lifemap is shown correctly for all zoom levels. The behaviour is the same in Chrome and Firefox. Also same behaviour in Chrome on my Android phone.
I’ve cleared cache, data and cookies, but still the same issue.
No errors in the console.

New user 27516. My maps are blank. I tried 3 different devices, one of which I was able to view my wife’s life map just fine, but not mine. I realize that it takes time for the data to compile, but I signed up about 21 hours ago and it still isn’t showing.

Brian:

Share your Citystrides ID by copying a link to your profile page for @JamesChevalier to take a look when he has time.

JP

1 Like

Thanks JP. I wanted to add that, but didn’t know where to find that info! Much appreciated

@JamesChevalier my issue has been resolved! Not sure if it worked things out on its own, someone did something or if it was the walk I took this evening that spurred things. Either way, all is well. Thank you for all you do to make this platform work!