How long for missing city update?

I added a city to the Missing City Tracker. (The city is Vernon Township, NJ, USA, and it seems to be all set in OSM.) What would be a typical time before it gets added to CityStrides? I didn’t see any indication on that spreadsheet about the process/timeframe.

Thanks!

I’ve been very terrible about getting that list of cities into CityStrides. Apologies to everyone contributing to that list!
I need to set up a regular cadence for myself so that I get through it little by little.
:sweat_smile:

Thanks for all your work on this. Is it possible to add a column for people (CS profile link or whatever would help identify) who are contributing to the list so that we could get notified when it has been added? I didn’t know if it also requires this manual process vs if it gets added automatically once someone is a strider in that city.

2 Likes

@JamesChevalier, Is the missing city tracker still the place to report any cities missing from CityStrides? If so, I added three at the bottom, which look to be all set in OpenStreetMap to be imported (e.g., boundary level 7 or 8, not nested in other recognized cities or with other recognized cities nested within them). If there is a different approach I should take to communicate any missing cities, let me know. Thanks!

That’s still the place to add missing cities, and I’ve been a bit better lately about reviewing the list on a ~monthly cadence.

Here’s the spreadsheet link for anyone joining the conversation here: Missing/Broken Cities Tracker - Google Sheets

I also decided to revive an old support post as a Wiki topic: How to help with missing/broken cities/regions

1 Like

Hey @JamesChevalier - Is the monthly cadence still a go for the missing/broken cities tracker? I’ve got a couple I need to add at some point but trying to get a sense of how long I have if I want them included in your next update.