Flagged streets needing deleted

Actually, I’ve found that most of them do get hidden correctly, it’s just a small handful that don’t.

1 Like

At the risk of describing something that’s complicated to code: I’d suggest after X unanimous votes to delete, it no longer shows up as runnable, and after Y unanimous votes, it gets actually deleted.

X should probably be something low like 2.

If the votes are not unanimous, not sure what we do.

Hi James, I used the “supporter” feature of flagged streets (should have doen that way earlier :slight_smile: ) - it would be great if you could delete the things that are flagged for the city “Basel” - there’s a lot of buildings, private gardens, zoo, company areas that cant be run. Thanks again for the work. Citystrides gave me motivation to run again after the NYC Marathon. Cheers

I just went through and agreed or disagreed with all of the flagged “streets” in Seattle. Thanks to
@brettajohnson and others for flagging so many buildings and such.

Hi @JamesChevalier, can you have a look at the flagged non-streets in https:// citystrides. com/cities/36484 ? Thanks! :slight_smile:

Hi James. I just went through and agreed with the flagged streets in Basel. Could you please have a look the flagged non-streets? Thank you very much!

Hello. What happened to the Flag for Modification piece of the Flag feature? In the past, I’ve submitted a few streets where just a few nodes needed either moved or deleted. Had a couple new ones with that scenario this morning, so just noticed the Flag for Modification piece is gone.

ps; I don’t really want Buckhannon Ave deleted, marking it as such was an accident.

Thanks in advance for any info that can be provided!

You have to click the wrench button under the streets name.

If you go to city view Thurman, Iowa - CityStrides
and click streets, you can flag them there too.

Thanks Hjkiddk, but…

That’s where I was yesterday and this is what I get:

In the past, ‘Flag: Delete’ used to just be ‘Flag’ and then a pop-up would ask if I was requesting a Delete or a Modify.

From City View, the flag button just instantly submits a flag now, not giving the option to request either Delete/Modify so now I have a couple bad submits there as well :blush:

Hi @JamesChevalier. In my tiny home town of Albion, PA I have marked two streets that need to be deleted. One is a railroad track line that while the trains don’t run all that often, its not very safe hahaha the other is a road that is nonexistent since I was born so unless it was there a longgggg time ago its never been there. Thank you!

I just un-flagged Buckhannon Ave for you. :+1:

I have removed the “flag for modification” feature for now, while I build it up properly. The flagging now applies only to streets that need to be deleted.
An upcoming feature is a full modification suggestion system, where we’ll be able to move nodes around & add/remove them. This will also make it possible to do a street addition system, so that CityStrides can keep up with new developments as they’re built.

This is all fairly long-term thinking, though (on the scale of months). I’m also working on a whole “route suggestion” thing.

Thanks for the update and the flag clear, James :slight_smile. With the recent deletion system being monthly-subscriber-only, guessing that awesome new functionality would be as well? :frowning:

Nope! Both features will eventually be free.

Review Flagged Streets - Early access to this feature that will eventually be open to all … Review flagged streets from anywhere in the world, and mark your agreement/disagreement to help clean up street data

From Sign In - CityStrides

1 Like

Hi @JamesChevalier,

i see the new flagging system no in working, but this gives some problems now and then. My example:

As you can see, the ‘baamstraat’ is not correctly tagged with nodes. In the time of the osm download for citystrides, someone who drew the street, forgot to delete the name when he extended the path going to the east of the street into an walking path. The highlighted part (yellow) is the correct street, but the rest of the nodes should be removed.

In the past it was possible to let this know in the ‘tag’ button. Now the streets is either gone or not. That’s not right as you can see above. How to deal with this? There is a brand new highway built just last year (you can see it in the picture : N300) and all along the highway there are lots of nodes not in sync with the current situation.

other examples:

Hi James,

This street is half public, half in a private company sector with no public access

Can you alter the nodes that have to be run? I didnt want to flag it as the public part is runnable. But I will never be able to complete it in the current state.

cheers

I’m new to here so I’m not sure how this works. One of the towns I run in has a lot of little ponds that aren’t part of a trail network or anything that are market as streets with long numerical names. I flagged all of them, (marked as manually complete for the first bunch of them because I wasn’t really sure what I was doing) but was hoping to get them deleted. The town is Durham, New Hampshire

1 Like

Hi James,

So I’m almost done with my hometown Basel. Missed like 5 streets only that are runnable. The rest I will flag for deletion.

I have 4 cases where I’m not sure what would be best. The following three are publically runable as I far as I did.

The remaining segments of these streets are all on a campus of a big gloabal pharma company which is not open to public. I don’t know what’ the best option here. Complete deletion would be wrong, but I can never complete these streets.

Similar issue here:

It’s a motorway bridge that share a foot path partially. The part that I didn’t run is half in a tunnel on a motorway so cant be completed on foot.

I will flag all the non-streets still remaining in Basel and after cleanup I should have completely ran my hometown.

Thanks for your help
cheers & happy weekend
Andi

1 Like

Hi James,

So - I’m done with my hometown… beside the 3 partially not runnable streets above, there are these two that need deleting !!

Wow I love citystrides. This was the motivation booster I needed in the beginning of the year.

Thanks for your work.

Hi James,
I was hoping you could take care of the streets that I flagged in Newmarket, NH USA (A few train tracks, parking lots, sports fields etc) as well as in Newfields NH USA (Newfields I believe only has one)
Thank you!

Hey James,

Great site, love it and makes my daily runs a lot more interesting. I took the liberty to moderate my hometown (Herentals - Belgium), and flagged all streets I think should be deleted (non-runnable buildings, railway stations, rivers and private inaccessible areas). Unfortunately, there aren’t many striders here, so I’m most likely the only one who will flag them. It would be great if you could have a look and filter them out once you have the chance.

Thanks you and best regards!

1 Like