City updates paused?

My city has also not been updated in two months as of today. (Of course, prior to that it hadn’t been updated at all. Beggars can’t be choosers.)

For me it’s not a killer issue. Even after updating, I’d still be around 70%. And since the streets I haven’t run are farther from my house I can only knock them off on weekends. So it’ll be while before I’m at 100%. But there’s at least one street on the first page of my Incomplete Streets list that is actually complete. It just sits there, taunting me.

I’m short 10 streets, all suffering from the 0-node problem, in Keller, TX - Keller, Texas - CityStrides

I have run those ten streets.

I am super eager to see 100%, so hopefully the updates will begin again (soon).

1 Like

Same here. It would be nice if could sync the cities with zero-nodes first. The one I’m waiting for has not been updated for nearly 2 months now. Haarlemmermeer, Noord-Holland - CityStrides

Thank you!

1 Like

Yes, I am surprised - how soon we forget…

I know some are more recent new members, but even some of our long-time members are getting impatient for their locality to come back around when prior to this update code starting it had been almost 2 years since the global update completed.

2 Likes

@jpbari I’m super tempted to “manually complete” those last 10 streets in Keller. I recall reading that when a city is reprocessed, manually completed streets that have been run, will be unmarked as manually completed. Is that your understanding?

I just don’t want to take any chance, as I’m going for 100%, including 100% of the nodes. I can wait, but not forever… We are getting ready to move, and access to Keller, while not impossible, won’t be as easy.

Also, your mention of recent vs. long-time members, made me curious about join dates. I wonder if @JamesChevalier would consider adding it to our profile page (or card)? Going to suggest in the Ideas Forum.

Added: Add member's join date to their profile page

That is my understanding as well if @JamesChevalier’s code works properly :rofl:

I, too, pretty much do all my reviewing by looking at my lifemap just to make sure I don’t miss anything

edited to add: We may not know when someone joins Citystrides, but we can see when they joined the forums:

1 Like

The two main zones I’ve been running in (& updating rapidly) had CS OSM updates on 16 Oct and 9 Nov. Since then I’ve discovered publicly available GIS resources and frantically updated the OSM for both, and I’m always checking when those updates will be incorporated to CS to see my street count rise. In the meantime I’m relying on the LifeMap to chart new routes that don’t cover old terrain, but I’m expecting a 100+ street ‘bump’ in my overall count at some point when those updates occur…!

1 Like

Yes, in the last update I had about 20 manually completed streets automatically change to regular completion.

1 Like

@thevandaley Thanks for that!

Looks like Sutton (Oct 7) updated this week, so updates seem to be back on.

3 Likes

Eric - what did you decide to do? I marked my last 11 as manually completed. Half of them don’t even exist at all!!!

@david.krulewich, I’m going to wait a little longer. Just read the update code is running again.

James did not commit that zero-node is fixed, but I’ll wait until the next update to see. If it does not fix my last 10 streets, I’ll finish Keller manually and call it done.

Just wanted to chime in, again, and report that the last update worked perfectly. I am now 100% in Keller, Texas. Kudos to @JamesChevalier

I have a city with the last 2 updates on August 5th and September 15th but I have over 30 cities that have not been updated since August 12th so it seems the update cycle has slowed down a bit or is on hold.
@JamesChevalier: Is it known and necessary?

Anecdotal, but I was keeping a close eye on Somerville MA for some OSM changes I had made, and it was about 7 weeks between updates.

1 Like

I did have some stuff going on that required pausing city updates for a bit. That probably pushed some updates back a little.

Overall, these updates are not on a schedule. It’s an ongoing best effort within my operating budget. I would suggest not getting too attached to the frequency/regularity of updates.
I spent some time last week working on the major pain points of these city updates, and was unsuccessful in getting a huge speed improvement via code changes alone. It’s looking like any further improvements to update speed would require throwing more money at my database.

2 Likes

Is there a way to request an update to a city? I’ve made a ton of changes to Marblehead, MA which I’m hoping to 100% before the end of the year and its last update was in September.

1 Like

I also have several cities I am waiting to be updated after I have made edits. Some of my cities have updated in the last 10 days but the ones I have made changes to are still pending an update from Sept/Oct.

Not that I know of. Unless @JamesChevalier presses the magic button.

There is this idea though. In this post there’s also the idea for a single street update.

2 Likes

Just curious if there’s an issue with the city updates. They seemed to be updating right around a week apart and now we’re sitting at 15+ days and counting.

1 Like