City and Street progress missing

I just logged in today after a while and noticed almost all my nodes have been reset. My percentage went down to 0.17% as well. I noticed other people in the city “striders” list are also affected.

@wmcwik & @tkdboy2 yeah, sorry - it’s a known issue that I’m working on
check out City and Street progress missing - #81 by JamesChevalier
I’ll be merging this post into that thread

Hi James,

First off, just want to say really cool site. I just discovered it a month or two ago. Having lots of fun with it.

Secondly, apologies that I’m replying here despite your plea against doing just that, but…I’ve followed the link to your profile page and for the life of me I cannot see a ‘Message’ button anywhere. I don’t know if its staring me in the face and I’m overlooking it somehow. But I’ve searched and searched to no avail. So here we are.

All of my progress has disappeared and no new progress is being recorded, though my life map is updating normally. I just wanted to be sure that if you are working through individual accounts on a fix that I’m not overlooked. I do see other people’s progress is being recorded on the home page.

Thank you! And apologies again for replying here. I hope you can point me in the direction of the ‘Message’ button you were referring to.

The message button should be in the top right of his profile page.

Hey matts,

Yeah it’s there now. Definitely was not before. I think it may have had something to do with the fact that I was new to the forum. My ‘Trust’ status has been upped and now I can see the message button.

Thanks for the message

Hey James… I just noticed your email you sent last week about the updated changes! So, just to add to your to-do list, I am a subscriber/supporter and user id 8004 and it is only showing recent data, so it looks like mine needs updated as well. I thought there used to be a Sync Now button or something, but didn’t see it. Looks like all the historical runs are there, just not updated completed nodes, etc. No rush, just making sure I’m on your radar.

Thanks!

No worries. Welcome to the forum!

Thanks James for all of your work (and long hours) on this You had said that all subscribers and supporters should be fixed, but like many others, my page still shows my actually completed streets as incomplete. My user ID # is 8595 the link is Ron Adams - CityStrides Thanks for all you do … Ron Adams

Until today, I had completed about 17% of Baltimore and my list of cities where I had completed streets was quite long. When I logged in today, it only shows me having completed about 25 streets across four cities. All of my activities are still showing up, and if I look at my Lifemap, it looks like everything is still there. When I search cities for Baltimore, it doesn’t even show up anymore. Did a lot of cities just disappear from CityStrides?

I have the same problem, last 5 runs are showing streets completed and progressed, the rest before that all showing 0 streets. Life map all there, I’m just 700+ streets missing from the total. Hoping there is a simple fix as I love this website!

2 Likes

Thanks @rus.golden would you mind messaging me your user I’d here in the forum?

1 Like

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Streets overlapping cities

Hello @JamesChevalier (and everyone). This is just a quick note to say that I seem to be affected by this issue. My profile only shows miniscule fractions of the cities I’ve run as ‘complete’ but the lifemap still has all the good purple lines. I’m a subscriber, but a relatively recent user. When I originally joined, all my historical Strava data was imported and I was showing decent percentages complete for multiple London Boroughs. Now I only seem to have newly completed streets showing in the percentage stats. I hope this is useful info. Thank you and keep up the good work!

Just another quick update…

If you are a Subscriber or Supporter and your progress isn’t up to date, click the ‘Message’ button from here and let me know so I can get your account fixed.

I’m working through all of the rest of the accounts now. I can’t afford to keep a lot of high powered servers running, so this will take some time. I’m watching incoming contributions, figuring out how many server hours they account for, and increasing my capacity at a break even pace. So if you want to contribute to this project, now’s the time. :smile:

I’ll post again when I’m completely done, to make sure nothing was missed.

1 Like

I’m a subscriber (s you’ve seen from my post above!) but I don’t see the ‘message’ option when I follow the link to your profile. Sorry.

Ah, there was a setting in here that only let a certain user level send messages … I just decreased that so people should be able to send messages. Sorry for the trouble. I’ve got your account going now - this process can take hours, so thanks for your patience!

Anyone just coming into this thread, please scroll up two messages to read my Just another quick update... post. :+1:

Are you saying if i donate 10 dollars now i have my account synced in 24 hours? :grin::heavy_dollar_sign:

lol almost, kind of, in a way, yeah …
I’m prioritizing supporters, so that puts you ahead of thousands of other accounts. More contributions also help the overall speed, because I’m able to run more job servers and a larger database (database size increases are much more expensive, though, so that doesn’t happen much).

10 paid, keep it going! Citystrides 4 life