Blocked from getting all of the nodes

For Wedgewood Drive, the remanding node that I have shows a small road, but that is a driveway for a home and might be trespassing to get all of the nodes. Would it be possible to remove or just simply complete? You can see my past run in the area to see what I mean about how the street is laid out.

For Ruby Avenue in Butler, WI there is a gate or a business at the end of the street that prevents from getting the remaining node. You can see my past run where it ends. Can the remaining node be removed or just complete?

This sounds like a great opportunity to make the appropriate edits in OpenStreetMap.

Jim, Is this something I need to do? O also found today that Kilbourn St on Wauwatosa is actually an alley and does not have a street sign. It may have been a street years ago
Also, there is another street in Wauwatosa, WI called Private drive that has a gate because there is a power plant there. The main road is accessible and myself and friends that have 99 percent have run the access road but blocked by the gate to the power plant.

Thank you

go to openstreetmaps.org and create a personal account. klik on edit openstreetmaps and follow the tutorial. It sounds like you only need to tag a node as ‘gate’ and the private section of the street tagged as ‘private’. The next time James updates citystrides with the latest changes in openstreetmaps, the node you cannot reach now, will be gone.

For the time being you could decide to flag the street manually as completed, since after changing OSM, you know sooner or later that node will be gone from citystrides anyway

3 Likes