Archived Synchronization Issues

I am missing an activity from Strava on July 8th. Activities since then have synced without issue. Is there something I can do to reload this activity?

Yeah, I just started a manual sync of your account now … That activity should appear soon. It may take a while for it to completely process, though.

1 Like

I’m mid-conversation with Strava about the webhook issue we’re seeing, where private activities aren’t coming through. In the meantime, I’ve just manually run a sync for your account.

Long-term, I’m not sure what the result will be - I don’t want to speculate while I’m in the middle of a conversation.

Thanks for that update, and the sync of course. I would expect that when one is linked from citystrides to strava, that each activity that one puts from private to public, is pushed to citystrides automatically. When i ran or walked via polar, the polar sync pushes the result to strava and standard to private, i don’t think i could change that. I hope it all works out somehow.

Thanks for the followup, James! You’re awesome. Good luck with Strava.

Great news!

I had incorrectly subscribed to webhooks in a way that was not receiving private activities. I’ve got a change that I need to make in the code, which will probably make all Strava users accept another ‘connect CityStrides to Strava’ login flow.

I’ve got a busy weekend ahead of me, but I’ll do my best to get this done soon.

You won’t need to do anything or take any extra action for this change - you might get logged out, but just log back in again & you’ll be all set. I will need to re-sync old activities - I’ll get that started right after updating the code.

2 Likes

WOOOHOOO! Cheers! thanks for looking into this. This will make my daily sitystrides planning way easier! :wink:
Thanks a lot for this all, you really got me hooked on this. Like some people already said, my way of running will never be the same again. (And making my marathon prep much more fun)

2 Likes

Any update on this? I haven’t had anything sync since June 25th

Ew! I’m sorry it has gone on so long.

Can you please log out of CityStrides, then log back in? I believe Strava should ask you to connect again - it shouldn’t automatically log you in. Let me know if that prompt appears for you.

Then, after your next activity, check CityStrides after you save the activity in Strava. It should appear here within minutes (maybe give it 30 minutes to be safe). If it doesn’t show up, please let me know.

In the meantime, I am going to manually sync your old activities. That should only take a few hours…

3 Likes

How is this going? I still can’t see any of my old activities.

I’m working with Strava on a fix & I think we’re part way there…

Can you please log out of CityStrides, then log back in? I believe Strava should ask you to connect again - it shouldn’t automatically log you in. Let me know if that prompt appears for you.
Then, after your next activity, check CityStrides after you save the activity in Strava. It should appear here within minutes (maybe give it 30 minutes to be safe). If it doesn’t show up, please let me know.

In the meantime, I am going to manually sync your old activities. That should only take a few hours…

Strava asks me again to authorize Citystrides but no resync so far.

Ok, the re-auth news is good. Let me know if future activities still don’t sync…

I ended up having a nice night grilling with my wife, so I’ll take a moment to resync your account during my lunch tomorrow. Sorry I didn’t get to that today!

1 Like

Don’t worry there is really no hurry. New activities sync without any kind of problem in less than 15 min.

It may be interesting that when my last activity has been sync my previous ones actually detected completed streets and not just progressed as it was described here.

For me still no updates after reconnecting with strava. I hope there wil be some solution found for this. @JamesChevalier Nice to hear you also have some time off from citystrides. I imagined you going to work at 6 AM, coming back at 5 PM and then solving citystrides issues and ansering mails and posts until deep into the night :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’m having what is, I think, a similar issue. I have linked Strava and see my new runs as they happen, but it hasn’t synced any of my old runs that were done previous to linking with CityStrides. I’ve tried logging out and reauthorizing (a couple days ago), but no old runs yet.

Is there something else I can try?

I have to solve the old-activities issue myself. Luckily, it’s not a ton of work. I’m going to try to start that up on my lunch break today.

I don’t know how many activities need to be synchronized across all Strava users in CityStrides, so I don’t know how long the entire process will take. I’m going to start with the people speaking here, though, since your feedback can help my accuracy.

1 Like

Great. Thank you! If you want to let me know when you’re done, I can spot check a few activities for accuracy.

Thank you @JamesChevalier for your work it has been a real pleasure to find all my old activities finally imported into CityStrides.

1 Like

You should be good to go - it looks like your sync completed. Let me know how things look.