Archived Synchronization Issues

Problem solved. Everything works fine! Very nice site. I really enjoy it and run more and more different routes every time.

Keep thinking of an app… :wink:

2 Likes

I uploaded a bunch of runkeeper runs at once when I first signed up. All but the very last run shows up on my lifetime map. I understand that sometimes there might be delays in syncing, but these were all uploaded at the same time and are visible on my profile, and it seems that all but the most recent map have been included in the lifetime map.

Funky… does the individual activity page display the map properly? If it does, then this still sounds like a cache issue & waiting a bit (a day?) should be all you need to do.
If that activity doesn’t have a map or if that map is bad, then I’d suggest you go into the menu while on that page and click the “delete activity [id]” item. After deleting it, you can either wait for the daily sync or you can choose “sync now” in the menu.

Let me know how it goes…

Hi, so I’ve done another run now and it is showing up in the lifetime map, but the previous one still isn’t! The map does seem to cut off a bit before the end of the run though, I’ll try deleting it as suggested.

I searched but I didn’t see any solutions. Is it possible to pull in history from Strava or does City Strides only capture moving forward?

Thanks!

It should capture your full history. I’ve had some particular problems with Strava recently that I’m still working out.

For now, I’d suggest having patience - the expectation is that all your activities make it into CityStrides.

Sorry for the trouble!

1 Like

Thanks for your response. I singed up yesterday. How long does it usually take for the information to come into City Strides? Love this concept and really looking forward to using it.

Nevermind! Looks like it’s coming through now. Very cool!

1 Like

I authorized Strava but no runs were imported, perhaps because I had Strava’s Enhanced Privacy on. I’ve turned that off, and new activities are being imported. How can I import the past Strava runs?

Not sure when or how, but today they’re all imported. Thanks!

1 Like

I can’t wait to happen that to me. Planning daily runs is quite complex now with 80% of my run history not visible in my lifetime map

I’ve got some good news - I expect to have your activities reprocessed today.

BWOH, i fee like a kid again, can’t wait for the present to unpack! (in other words: you got me hooked! :grin:)

1 Like

I’m not seeing any new runs since July 7th, and another user I know is seeing the same.

Example missing runs:
https://www.strava.com/activities/1083047703
https://www.strava.com/activities/1075638706

Thanks!

I’ve heard a couple reports like this… Strava is supposed to be automatically/immediately alerting me of new activities & that isn’t happening in some cases. I can manually sync your account while I figure that out…

Are your activities set to private? That’s been one common thread through the reports that I’ve heard…
(I’m not asking you to change your privacy settings - just asking because it helps in debugging)

All these activities are set to private when first synced and then edited and set to public once I have a chance to name them and fix any issues.

Usually that’s within minutes of first recording.

Also, I wouldn’t be surprised if Strava changed something out from under you!

I’m experiencing the same issue. I recorded a new activity in Strava but made it private initially. Then I edited the activity to rename, add shoes, and some photos and then made it public within an hour. This activity was at 7:21am PST on July 14th so it has not synched yet in over 48 hours.

1 Like

Here is the Strava activity in question:

https://www.strava.com/activities/1083084912

1 Like

@JamesChevalier, can i ask you for an update on the issues with strava the last week? Any progression?
Since 10-7 my runs and walks are not coming into citystrides anymore.

The one with the red circle is the only one coming in, but that was a hickup from Tapiriik, and for a short while i had that run coming into strava (so i had the same run in there twice with another timestamp) from another source, and that one was synced.