Add a route suggester/builder

I am using rungo a lot since the change from strava routesetting to paid. And garmin connect is sometimes also used, it’s cool to run with the maps on my fenix 6

1 Like

When I use the builder from LifeMap, I can’t see the controls… PC, Chrome

1 Like

Thanks for reporting this … I’ve got a fix that I’ll be able to release sometime today.

2 Likes

Just want to say I had no particular interest in a route builder, I have my own methods for CityStriding, but for my long run today I wanted to connect a few rural, isolated hamlets and villages and so experimented with building a route last night. Not only was it super easy to do, it was extremely practical for the 27 km run where I found myself looking at my phone a lot less and enjoying the surroundings a lot more. So, great work again @JamesChevalier !!

3 Likes

This has been a great update. has been working very well. I would love to see the ability to minimize the route information so that i can see the map full screen on my phone. I use that sometimes in combination to my current location to follow the route.

2 Likes

It looks like Map only (mostly) view could use some upvotes. I thought there was another post about an idea of a slider, allowing us to drag the map to whichever size we want - I can’t find that now.

:exploding_head: omg :rofl: I just realized that (because of the changes in Updates on November 1, 2020) I can very easily add a button to toggle between a full screen and regular-size map. lol this will be in the next release, then.
ugh, I’m really stacking up the buttons in this map :cold_sweat:

2 Likes

So is there a way to handle shortcuts across non-roads? Sometimes I find myself in a neighborhood with a lot of cul-de-sacs, and I cut through the end of them (there are sidewalks there) to the next street. It seems builder makes use of only roads, not paths. No a biggie, as I’m still going old school paper map method, but I hope to change.

edit: would be cool to drop a pin that is simply straight-line connected to next dropped pin.

Yeah, the far right button turns the auto-routing feature on/off. You’d turn it off, draw your straight-line route, then turn it back on once you’re on the road again.

1 Like

Perfect! Thank you James!

Which watch are you using? I’m intrigued by this GPX idea.

Does Route Builder produce anything that could be used on a watch?

I have the FR235, and it’s not very sophisticated when it comes to routes. I know there are some apps, but last time I looked it seemed like too many hoops had to be jumped through (need to upload to a site), so I am finding a printed map is easier.

I have a Suunto Trainer Wrist HR.

I export the gpx file created with the Route builder tool from CS to my phone and then in the Suunto app, I import the gpx file.
From the Suunto app on my phone, I transfer to my watch.

For me it’s easier to follow the track on the watch.

Marjorie

1 Like

Thank you for that @Marjorie!

1 Like