I’ve been trudging along on some projects and upgrades, and haven’t been actively posting releases for a little while. This list is a collection of things that have been released at some point between September 1st and today.
A lot of my recent efforts have gone into upgrades that won’t quite be visible to you just yet. If you notice a spinning purple circle in some areas of the site, that’s a part of it. My intentions with that are to make the overall site faster, so if it’s causing issues somehow please do let me know in #support .
A big update on the OpenStreetMap side of things is that I’ve figured out a way to reduce the requirements on which cities can/cannot be imported into CityStrides. It should mean that I’ll be able to import the smaller or unincorporated areas that I haven’t been able to reach yet.
- updated the street query in a way that should loosen the restrictions I had on which cities I could import from OpenStreetMap
- reworked some page loading so some content areas load asynchronously
- various speed improvements
- only show the non-nested-city count of progressed/completed streets on activity displays
- allow show/hide of LifeMap on Route pages
- fix an issue where the LifeMap would not display sometimes
- reduce the amount of city progress notifications
- fix for city progress notifications
- I had to disable the Leaderboard while I work on some serious performance issues in there
- drop IE11 support
- package updates