Updates on February 16, 2022 (Release 509)

I’m finally making steps on some more real-time interaction in the site, based on my initial efforts way back in Updates on August 11, 2021 (Release 387). I’m starting slow, since I haven’t had a lot of good luck lately. :grimacing:
Whenever an activity is synced into CityStrides, it will automatically appear on your profile page without you having to refresh the page.
I was :pinching_hand: this close to rolling out the same behavior for the progressed/completed street lists on activity pages. I realized that these updates would be rather forceful - if you’re searching/paging through any existing streets, this update would completely rewrite the page based on the newly-added streets. It’s possible that this would be fine with all of you, but I want to test things a bit first.

• :see_no_evil: the advanced LifeMap was changed to use a different data format and then changed back
  • :magic_wand: automatically show new activities on your profile page without having to refresh the page
  • :paintbrush: make the dotted line while building a route red
  • :paintbrush: make the saved route’s line blue
  • :paintbrush: make the activity lines blue
  • :x: disabled full-screen ads … holy wow am I sorry those existed at all
  • :hammer_and_wrench: change the service that provides routes for Route Builder
  • :bug: fix an odd map zooming issue where it wasn’t properly centering activities
  • :bug: fix for old devices where the login buttons wouldn’t work
  • :bug: fix for city updater immediately deleting new streets
  • :nerd_face: package updates
  • :nerd_face: various bug fixes, data cleanup, and infrastructure improvements
8 Likes