Updates on April 23, 2021 (Release 84)

• :new: The homepage now includes your progress in the Challenges you have joined
  • :new: Add a chart to the homepage, giving supporters the ability to view their distance/activities/streets over time
  • :new: Add more stats to the homepage & user profile pages
    • The stats on profile pages display by default, pushing the city list off to the second tab. I’m expecting most people pin their most important (current) cities, making the list rarely useful.
  • :rocket: I changed all the images throughout the site to lazy load, which should improve speed somewhat
  • :hammer_and_wrench: The city import/update code now ignores highway=escape Ways in OSM because we shouldn’t be running on runaway truck ramps. It’s not safe.
  • :hammer_and_wrench: The city name is now displayed in street lists (except on the city page, because we already know the city name there). I’m hoping this helps clarify how nested cities affects the street lists on activity pages.
  • :nerd_face: The completed street count is now stored as a column in the database. This isn’t super useful for you to know, but it does improve the speed of many pages and it will allow me to do More Fun Stuff™ like display your standing in a city or throughout the world.
  • :nerd_face: package updates
11 Likes