Status on Runkeeper syncing

They’re having just about as good of a time as I am. :sweat_smile:
I’ll keep everyone updated here as I learn more.

Thank you for reaching out to Runkeeper Support—we are sorry for the trouble here!

With users turning to fitness apps during the COVID-19 crisis, we are experiencing larger than normal activity in Runkeeper traffic. As a result, our system has been challenged in order to keep up with connections coming through other apps using the Health Graph API. Our team is looking into solutions, and I will get back to you when I have any more information.

We apologize for this inconvenience and appreciate your understanding in the meantime.

Update: This was resolved around May 13, 2020

7 Likes

At least they respond :grinning:

Did you ever here anything from Strava support regarding the API limit?

Hi James,

did you hear back from Runkeeper? I am hoping to get some of my recent runs synced up! =D

@JamesChevalier:
Did the Runkeeper sync ever restart? I added some activities >5 years old into Runkeeper earlier. I usually use only Garmin but obviously that won’t sync to CS for old activities any longer. Thanks!

Runkeeper doesn’t send out alerts of new activities, like the other services do. To sync those, I iterate through all Runkeeper accounts on a rolling basis. It should sync everyone daily, or at least pretty close.
Subscribers have a ‘Sync Now’ option in the top right menu, so they don’t have to wait.

Oh, also, you’ll have to ensure that Runkeeper syncing isn’t paused in your CityStrides Settings.

Thank you!! This makes sense. I really appreciate the speedy reply :slight_smile: