Single-Activity Syncing

To implement that, the metadata in the web hook needs to include the type of activity. I think that James already ignores anything other than running and walking. But I’d be willing to have all walking activities become extremely low priority.

Guys, honestly at this point all these little changes and inefficiencies are probably largely meaningless when you have 300,000 activities queued with the current limit and user growth rate. James is working on the Garmin option which is realistically the real solution as that will probably take care of most users. Others have mentioned as well that Strava cut off Relive from their API and frankly I would not be surprised to see them do that here as well if James implements his friend feature (looking forward to that) or for any other arbitrary reason.

1 Like

I am new here, and have also registered as a supporter. Is it still a good idea to turn on the Strava Sync now? Or better wait for GARMIN Connect Integ.? Is the way via Runkeeper maybe easier? Because I can link Runnkeeper to Garmin, and here I could activate the Runkeeper sync? Does that make sense? To prevent the queue at Strava from getting even longer or to keep the servers busy?

I would use Runkeeper. You get your full history now.
No telling how long untill the issues get resolved.

Hello Henrik, thank you for your answer - how do I solve the queue at Strava now? Should I just disconnect? Since I am initially logged in with my Strava account, I don’t think it is that easy? If I register by email, what happens to the subscription?

You can head to your Settings page, and connect Runkeeper from there.
Leave the Strava connection - if you revoke access, all of that data is deleted in CityStrides.

1 Like

Hey James. First off thanks for all your hard work, looks like this Garmin integration is gonna solve the Strava backlog issue. My issue is with single activity sync. I’ve tried two activities that didn’t sync originally and neither has worked after twice attempting with the single activity sync feature. I’d guess that there is just a glitch that won’t allow these specific activities to sync?

That features puts the activity into the historic syncing, which has a large backlog. So it could just be in there.

Ok. The second time i attempted to sync it it said that it was already in the queue. I tried a third time and did not get that message. Not a huge deal, more of a curiosity thing. There are clearly bigger fish to fry.

I hate this queue :rofl: :sob:

Hi James, thanks for all the support, i also have a couple of activities just sitting there, waiting in line, between 15th and 25th of april, can i do something to move them or do i just Have to be patiënt…?

Also 1 activity wont show up from the 29th of march, something went wrong back then, you explained, when Will i be able to load this up?

https://strava.app.link/HsBlN5ty95

Thanks for your support,

Cheers

@haveanicejob -

If the activities are coming from Strava, they are likely hanging around in the queue waiting for available API to get synced. There is no individual activity prioritization that I am aware of, so patience is the only solution, unfortunately.

As for the “lost” activity from Mar 29 - @JamesChevalier might be able to re-add it to the queue, but you also might have some success exporting it manually from Strava and then putting it on your RunKeeper account to get it past the strava queue issues more quickly.

Ok, tx, Will try that!

Hi @JamesChevalier - I have paused my Strava syncing, and enabled Garmin today. I have a number of missing activities from 21st April to yesterday (22nd May), and wondering best way to get those activities in without putting too much load on you. I have about 60 activities in total, but only a third of those are actually interesting for my CityStrides account (removing cycling, indoor workouts and whatnot).

If my Strava syncing is paused, can I still sync these individual activities from Strava?

Or is it better to just request the historic information from Garmin - though that feels overkill as then you’ll have to process 500 activities when I know what 20ish activities I need.

Thanks,
Greg

P.S. Sorry for dropping my supporter status. Covid19 has wrecked my income, but I’ll pay up again as soon as I get regular money coming in again. I really enjoy the motivation that knocking off streets gives me. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I just released the single activity sync feature for Garmin, so you can do that if you don’t want to bring in your full history.

I hope your income picks up soon - not for the sake of you being a supporter, I just wish you well. :sweat:

3 Likes

I’ve had lots of activities that haven’t made made it to City Strides from Strava . Weeks worth! Disappointing…

Strava has an insanely low limit to the amount of activities is will export. The site is getting your runs as fast as possible, but it may take quite a while to get them all.

If you have a Garmin watch, you can connect Garmin Connect directly to this site, which will avoid the wait. There are other sites you can use to connect your watch to this site that don’t have the insane limitations. Have you considered one of them?

Not been checking back on here for a few weeks, and I think my subscription is now lapsed.
I’ve found an old activity that’s missing, but it seems the sync single activity from Strava option is no longer available (is that for subscribers only?).
I tried the “Sync Mising Garmin Activity” option and it says “You are not authorized to perform this action”?

Hi. I love city strides! But I’m missing 3 activities (that I’ve tried to add using the missing activities link) and can’t seem to get it updated. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Dates are May 25, June 13, June 15 (I have to put this link in a separate post).

https://strava.app.link/Gv22nKPGB7

https://strava.app.link/PwdBQc9GB7

Thank you!!

Here is the last link that didn’t post in the last reply.

https://strava.app.link/JnxCRTfHB7

Thank you!