Route creator not selecting optimal path

Anyone else getting problems with the route creator not selecting optimal paths? See screenshot - it is not picking the most straight lines, and this is not OSM-related - not a problem with the underlying map, I’ve made routes that went past here before, etc.

So I am having to use the straight-line tool to ‘bypass’ the issue for now.

Maybe Graphhopper is interpreting something about those streets as not being usable/ideal for walking.

Can you zoom into that same location on your LifeMap, and share that link here? (The LifeMap page updates the URL with zoom/pan data, so I’ll be able to see exactly what you see without hunting around the earth)

I can play around with Graphhopper settings to try and figure things out…

Yeah it happened multiple times while making this route (https://citystrides.com/routes/1136), but it’s weird because I’ve just never had this problem before in any of the 10-20 routes I’ve made in the same areas. Unfortunately can’t share those because I delete the routes after I run them.

Lifemap for problematic areas: Rua Principal at the curve Kevin Pels's Map View - CityStrides

Rua das Lajes & Rua da Casola & Rua do Porto da Horta Kevin Pels's Map View - CityStrides

Many others

This seems like it was a temporary thing, it’s working fine today over the same roads! Still don’t know what the problem was yesterday.

:sweat_smile: computers