Request for node removal in Glyndon, Minnesota

:link: My profile link : Melanie Hevel-Olson - CityStrides

In Glyndon, Minnesota (Melanie Hevel-Olson is running Glyndon, Minnesota - CityStrides), there are two nodes that should be removed that are the two easternmost nodes on “4th St SE”. In reality, there is no street there. If you look at it in satellite view, you’ll see what I mean.

I saw the thing about editing OpenStreetMap taking care of most problems like this, but I checked it, and it doesn’t show a “street” there, it seems to have it labeled as “Track”. In reality, there is a snowmobile trail there, apparently. It’s not a good place to walk/run and try to go collect nodes. It could be concerning/unsafe to try to do that.

Thank you!

Done

1 Like

Thank you! However, it looks like the part where the (inaccessible) nodes are, are still in an area that OpenStreetMap has shown as “Track” (directly to the east for maybe a tenth of a mile of the section that you changed on OSM). I guess CS translates “Track” as a street/road, which it’s not, at least not in this case. So the nodes that should be removed are still showing up. I really appreciate you trying to help!

When the city get updated in CityStrides the nodes will be gone.
As long as the track is not named it will not be imported to CityStrides.

1 Like

Henrik emptied the Name field for this road in OSM. That way it will be removed from CS in the next import

1 Like

Thank you for explaining.

Thank you for the additional explanation. Do I have to do anything to prompt the city to get updated in CS?

They are usually updated automatically, weekly i think.

1 Like

Thank you!