Not sure whether this should be under Issue or Support
I am running amongst other areas Charnwood in the Leicestershire, UK. Which is made up of 2285 roads, spread over quite large area containing several small/large villages a market town and the top of a city.
As a consequence there are numerous repeats of the road names, as an example of the worst offenders that I have currently found are 10 Main Streets and 8 Leicester Roads.
Is there away within City Strides to differentiate between all of these different roads ? I keep coming back from a run only to find that half of the roads I have been down have the same names as roads 10 miles away.
A couple of possible suggestions
Look at the distance between the roads
- Working the distance, properly, between Lon and Lat is computentially expensive but you can do a rough distance calculation which would work for this case. Just work out the euclidean distance as an angle (need to put it into radians) and the multiply by the earths radius
- Roads greater then some calibrated distance would then be classed as being different
- Fairly automatic
- How do you identify/label the different roads ??
Use Open Street Map Tags
- Can make use of the addr:city and/or addr:postcode tag for roads and then pick this up to work out if they are different
- This automatically labels and differentiates between the different roads
- People will have to go into Open Street Map to fill in the additional detail, which can’t be a bad thing.
I’m happy to act as a Guinea pig to try and work on any possible solution