Profile mixup - hopefully possible to merge

:link: My original profile link : Tommy Bay - CityStrides (supporter)
:link: My new (?) profile link : Nameless Runner - CityStrides

Hello James

I was having issues starting yesterday with Garmin not sync’ing. Today I signed out of CS and Garmin to see if that would spark sync. It didn’t. Neither did single activity sync nor the “normal” sync.

What it did seem to do though was to revoke Garmin access, so when I logged in I got a new profile (Nameless Runner) that has no activities and no streets. My original profile shows 3080 activities, 219 cities (one completed) and 0 streets.

Anything to do or is my place in top 300 lost??

Best regards
Tommy

Nevermind - I managed to import all my activities to MapMyFitness account, which was already linked to Tommy Bay - CityStrides and has made connection to my Garmin account so going forward I will rely on relay from Garmin through MapMyFitness to CS.

I am back in top 300 again :slight_smile:

I am having a similar problem. My original profile

No longer shows up when I log in through Garmin.

Instead, a new profile has been created

This just started happening yesterday. It looks like the activity I created yesterday got posted to both accounts.

Hi Brian, I can merge the two accounts but I’ll need you to identify the new one.

You can log in to CityStrides via Garmin & update that account’s email address to a modified version that’s used in your other account (it’s your gmail address).
If your email address was briangrinnell@gmail.com in the Strava-connected account I’d like you to set it to briangrinnell+citystrides@gmail.com for your Garmin-connected account (I know that’s not your email, it would be rude to blast that onto the internet :laughing:).

Let me know when that’s done. :+1:

Upon further thought, I guess I don’t really need to merge the accounts - the original account is still getting updated with new activities. I think I could just delete this new account. However, I am not sure how to log into the original at this point - when I enter the login info that I always used for that account, it is now attached to the “Nameless Runner” account.

I have made the change to the email address. I guess the merge may be necessary, as it looks like some activities got associated with the original account and some with the “Nameless Runner” account, not sure what happened.

Alright, I’ve got that merge started now. It’ll take some time to move the data over, and then reprocess things to get your percentages correct.

What happened is that you originally logged into CityStrides via Strava, and then later logged in via Garmin.

This merge will fix it all up though.

Thanks. It looks like there are some activities that did not get included. I was over 70% in Columbus and now I’m around 50%. There are a bunch of activities on Garmin that aren’t appearing; for instance, May 23, 2020

It’s in there: Brian Grinnell's activity on May 23, 2020 - CityStrides

I think what you saw was my mention of “It’ll take some time to move the data over, and then reprocess things to get your percentages correct.”

Thanks so much for your help with this. And thanks for the website; I’ve spent a lot of time using it over the last few years and I really enjoy it.