Past Strava activities did not sync

I joined city strides around the time there were issues with strava activities syncing. It took awhile for my account to sync, but since then all my new runs have synced no problem. All of my runs prior to joining city strides have not synced. Is there any way to get those past activities to sync from strava?

Yes, but it’s going to take a little while - probably around the time you joined, I exceeded Strava’s API limits & that’s caused some issues. I need to slowly sync everyone’s account, to stay within my limits.
Thanks for your patience!

Is there anything we need to do to initiate a re-sync of past activities? I have a large number of past Strava activities that are not showing up.

Yeah sorry it’s a known issue. I’m slowly working through the backlog, but I have to go slow to stay under my API limits.

Thanks for your patience!

Hi James,

Looking to get to 40% complete on one of my maps by end of year. Was on just over 30% so on track but since the updates have no idea what this will be. Looks like a bunch of new streets have been added and would be good to know where I’m at, so I can stay on track… I also have a few missing runs from September.

Thanks

Hi there, wondering if the info in this thread is still relevant. I joined in March 2020 and past Strava activities have not synced. Will they eventually? Thanks!

Hi Erin, the sync logic changed recently and your old history will sync eventually, although it may take some time depending on how many you have. Based on this post which outlines the new logic, they should sync at a rate of 100 activities per day, assuming there are still API calls left. You can see if you have activities scheduled and what the current API limits are on the Status page, accessible via the main menu on the CityStrides website.