Node Hunter for specific city

Alright, that’s fixed up now.

We’re quite off topic in this thread now, so if you have any other ideas please create a new post in #ideas & if you have any issues please post in #support

2 Likes

Hey James, I see the shift of Node Hunter and Find My Location to left side of the screen. Thanks for unhiding Node Hunter in City View, but could you shift them to the right side of the page?

running down a road with phone in hand trying to get that node, it helps to be able to tap Node Hunter and Find My Location. But with those two on the left, it is a bit more difficult (my thumb isn’t that long :rofl:)

Possibly shift the satellite view to the left side?

2 Likes

Added my support/vote for this topic. After reading thru the responses on here, my request for having the uncompleted nodes limited to the city is a little different and is due to the 1000 node limit… if I’m zoomed out but near a border and hit node-hunter, it will hit the limit and not display all the nodes within the target city.

1 Like

I remember reading that the 1000 limit is a function of the zoom level rather than the actual number of nodes in your selection (you can try this by using it somewhere with no roads, like the Sahara desert). That said, having only nodes within a city displayed would still be helpful as a way to reduce the visual clutter, even if it only works when sufficiently zoomed in.

1 Like

Thanks… yeah, I realize that, but when trying to see what I have left (very few nodes) in a sector of the city that is near the border, I would rather not have to zoom in too much and have to repeat the process multiple times.

1 Like

I would like to have the nodes I circled in red hidden when I am searching a specific city, like Frankfurt, since they are outside of the double blue line border for the city limits.

5 Likes

So I really like node hunter and as I get close to finishing my first city it is REALLY useful. The challenge is around the roads on the edge of the city, the ones that might start as a city street but end up as a country road or then spill over into the adjoining city or town or district. So my ask is… in a “city specific view” (ie not your lifemap but the city views with the border) is it possible to limit the node hunter to just show incomplete nodes INSIDE the city boundary?

PS the new click on node feature is ace

This is a great idea.

1 Like

The easiest way for me to do this is to make Node Hunter city-specific when it’s used on a city page.

This would mean you would have to visit the city page and then use Node Hunter. This wouldn’t present a city selector on the LifeMap page and it wouldn’t allow you to opt out of the city-specific-ness on a city page (which could be confusing?)…

I think there are mainly 2 reasons I’m asking about this ‘quick hack’ version:

1. I’m lazy (it’s important to be honest with yourself and others :laughing:)
  2. There are already a lot of buttons over the map, which really crowd the UI on some devices
4 Likes

Perfect! that was how I saw it in my mind

1 Like

Unanimous response (so far) on Twitter in favor of this.
The changes ended up being super simple :raised_hands: so I’m hoping to get this out there today

9 Likes

Amazing! This is exactly what we have been asking for.

2 Likes

If the node hunter buton would show only city specific nodes within city borders, when visiting a specific city page, that would be SOOO helpfull

3 Likes

Love this! Thank you James!