No tracks on any lifemap since last night

Since sometime yesterday evening, I can’t see tracks on anyone’s life map.

It takes a little while (perhaps a couple of minutes), but I did see some errors pop up in the console

map#30.271128599999997,-97.74369949999999&11:1 Access to fetch at 'https://tiles-a.citystrides.com/tiles_public/27650_fYYtZUNxQBqhv68Vrh2M/1/0/0' from origin 'https://citystrides.com' has been blocked by CORS policy: No 'Access-Control-Allow-Origin' header is present on the requested resource. If an opaque response serves your needs, set the request's mode to 'no-cors' to fetch the resource with CORS disabled.
map:7          GET https://tiles-a.citystrides.com/tiles_public/27650_fYYtZUNxQBqhv68Vrh2M/1/0/0 net::ERR_FAILED 504 (Gateway Time-out)
e.<computed> @ map:7
(anonymous) @ telemetry.js:391
P @ ajax.js:147
(anonymous) @ ajax.js:189
Jr @ ajax.js:106
Qr @ ajax.js:260
(anonymous) @ vector_tile_worker_source.js:105
request @ vector_tile_worker_source.js:72
bb @ vector_tile_worker_source.js:129
loadTile @ vector_tile_source.js:248
_loadTile @ source_cache.js:151
_addTile @ source_cache.js:766
_updateRetainedTiles @ source_cache.js:631
update @ source_cache.js:533
(anonymous) @ source_cache.js:82
fire @ evented.js:129
(anonymous) @ vector_tile_source.js:126
b @ load_tilejson.js:33
(anonymous) @ load_tilejson.js:40
nrWrapper @ map:7
requestAnimationFrame (async)
nrWrapper @ map:7
frame @ browser.js:37
ia @ load_tilejson.js:40
load @ vector_tile_source.js:109
onAdd @ vector_tile_source.js:143
addSource @ style.js:749
addSource @ map.js:1992
addSupporterLifeMap @ map_lifemap_controller.js:137
addLifeMap @ map_lifemap_controller.js:104
(anonymous) @ map_lifemap_controller.js:35
fire @ evented.js:135
(anonymous) @ map.js:615
fire @ evented.js:129
fire @ evented.js:144
_load @ style.js:348
(anonymous) @ style.js:268
(anonymous) @ ajax.js:180
Promise.then (async)
R @ ajax.js:169
(anonymous) @ ajax.js:150
Promise.then (async)
P @ ajax.js:147
(anonymous) @ ajax.js:189
Jr @ ajax.js:106
i.getJSON @ ajax.js:256
loadURL @ style.js:263
_updateStyle @ map.js:1877
setStyle @ map.js:1852
Map @ map.js:576
initializeTheMap @ map_controller.js:61
initialize @ map_controller.js:39
_y @ stimulus.js:1366
fetchContextForScope @ stimulus.js:1561
connectContextForScope @ stimulus.js:1547
scopeConnected @ stimulus.js:1923
elementMatchedValue @ stimulus.js:1839
tokenMatched @ stimulus.js:945
tokenMatched @ stimulus.js:876
(anonymous) @ stimulus.js:870
tokensMatched @ stimulus.js:870
elementMatchedAttribute @ stimulus.js:859
elementMatched @ stimulus.js:574
addElement @ stimulus.js:522
refresh @ stimulus.js:443
start @ stimulus.js:413
start @ stimulus.js:550
start @ stimulus.js:841
start @ stimulus.js:926
start @ stimulus.js:1817
start @ stimulus.js:1887
start @ stimulus.js:1981
await in start (async)
start @ stimulus.js:1974
(anonymous) @ application.js:5
(anonymous) @ index.js:78
telemetry.js:523 Error: Failed to fetch
    at ajax.js:160:22
X.z.<computed> @ telemetry.js:523
fire @ evented.js:150
fire @ evented.js:144
_tileLoaded @ source_cache.js:255
v @ vector_tile_source.js:282
(anonymous) @ vector_tile_source.js:250
(anonymous) @ vector_tile_worker_source.js:80
(anonymous) @ vector_tile_worker_source.js:107
(anonymous) @ ajax.js:160
Access to fetch at 'https://tiles-b.citystrides.com/tiles_public/27650_fYYtZUNxQBqhv68Vrh2M/2/0/1' from origin 'https://citystrides.com' has been blocked by CORS policy: No 'Access-Control-Allow-Origin' header is present on the requested resource. If an opaque response serves your needs, set the request's mode to 'no-cors' to fetch the resource with CORS disabled.
15Access to fetch at '<URL>' from origin '<URL>' has been blocked by CORS policy: No 'Access-Control-Allow-Origin' header is present on the requested resource. If an opaque response serves your needs, set the request's mode to 'no-cors' to fetch the resource with CORS disabled.
telemetry.js:523 Error {message: 'Failed to fetch'}

Its always good to see someone else observing the phenomenon I’m seeing. Saves bugging James for something he’s already aware of. Zero of my runs are drawn on the Lifemap, but my statistics for percentages run remain credible suggesting the database is still intact.

I’m somewhat sensitive to the Lifemap appearance today since I had just asked James for some help with it yesterday after Garmin sent multiple activities to CS for the same day in rapid succession, which we know causes CS some heartburn.

I think its in the realm of possibility that James took some action in response to my inquiry and the underlying Garmin → CS problem. Not a certainty, but a credible theory.

I am having the same issue. I am on firefox 110.

I’ve tried Edge and Firefox with the same result. Odds are fair-to-good its something about the query or the data base engine and low that its about anything on the client side, IMHO.

Yeah, no life map either on Chrome mobile, can still navigate by red dots on node hunter at least

Edit: back up as of 10:40 for EST, do you ever take a day off James? :saluting_face:

1 Like

Same issue for me. No Lifemap on my Samsung phone or Chrome on my PC desktop. I can still hunt nodes though, so I know it’s still keeping track of me.

I just refreshed the page in Edge and it showed me my tracks. At least the ones I was expecting, but not the latest one where there is a Garmin interface SNAFU.

This should be “fixed” now (it works, but I still have some work to do to make a permanent solution) … It was an issue affecting everyone because of my misunderstanding of some underlying file system limitations.

Sorry everyone!

As an aside - please do be careful sharing console output … There are some cases where the browser needs to know some semi-secret information tied to your specific account, and sharing that could reduce your privacy.

Edit: Randy, I’ll push a LifeMap rebuild through for you which should resolve that issue

Don’t do anything special for me. I understand there’s an inherent limitation, and knowing that the node hunter is correct even if Lifemap is not is everything I need to keep moving. Thanks for everything, @JamesChevalier !

My lifemap seems to have disappeared as well. Kevin St. Laurent - CityStrides

I am also now dealing with this issue whereas I wasn’t earlier today :frowning:

Edit: all good now, but I swear it wasn’t working for 10+ minutes before!

Yeah, it looks like general usage has increased to the point where the baseline isn’t enough to keep up. Its performance was likely spotty today. I’ve just made another adjustment to some settings, so I’m hoping it’s back to working as expected now.
This is new territory for me, so while I hope/expect I’ve just solved it For Good™ I am slightly worried the problem will return. Luckily, I have some monitoring in place that’s helping me see if it does happen again. I’ll keep making adjustments if I see further issues…

1 Like