No longer at 100% since new update

I just manually ran the update for Keller, and I see that its street count is now correct. It’ll take some time (currently looks like a ~10min delay) for the percentage to update … hopefully we see that correct itself to 100% in a little while.

1 Like

Thank you @JamesChevalier! Looking forward to it!

I don’t think that we’ll see the percentage change for you in this round, because there likely wasn’t anything to do in the update. The percentages are only recalculated if the update code does one of these things:

• creates new nodes (and, by extension, streets - if a new street is created there are inherently new nodes also created)
  • deletes nodes
  • deletes streets

It’s very likely that the update I just ran only adjusted the street count value. I’ll manually reset your percentages later this afternoon if they don’t update on their own.

I’ll be manually queuing up the jobs that recalculate the percentages for everyone this week. From there on, things should work as expected. :sweat_smile:

Update: All done. Everyone’s city percentages should now be correct.

2 Likes

Excellent!

4 Likes

I get bonus points if it stays that way :wink:

2 Likes

Hi James.
I think there is a thread somewhere, maybe tackling the below issue.
for instance the city: Sittard-Geleen for me still has 3 street in incomplete after the most recent OSM update.
Those streets are put partially to private

For instance this one: (the circle shows where the 3rd node used to be)

Has this also to do with recalculation, or is there some other logarithm you need to check and maybe adjust?

The next update should resolve all incorrect counts. To confirm, I’ve manually started that city’s update & confirmed that the node counts are fixed. :heavy_check_mark:

The street progress calculations and the city percentage calculations come later / are delayed. Sometime today (maybe in the next 5-10 minutes or so), you should see your incomplete street list decrease & your percentage go up.

2 Likes

Newton, MA is fixed. Back at my rightful place at the top at 100%. :slight_smile: Thanks!

1 Like

So the problem came back yesterday. Newton, MA was at 100% for me, now it’s 98.56% with 0 incomplete streets. Same with Lexington, MA. Was 100%, now 99.68 %, 0 incomplete streets. The two towns last updated 1/22/21 and 1/21/21. I also noticed a few other cities have changed percentage completed, but the number of streets I still have to complete remained the same. One example is Boston. I was at 99.91% with 3 incomplete streets. Now it’s at 99.77%, but still 3 incomplete streets. That last updated 1/22. In all three, the total street counts don’t match the sum of complete/incomplete streets.

I posted this in a different thread before I saw this one, so reposting.

There are a few towns near me that I believe have this issue.
Hampton Falls NH: I’m showing 72 complete/ 0 incomplete but a Town completion percentage of 98.63 percent as it says there are 73 streets. Hampton Falls, New Hampshire - CityStrides

Stratham NH: 168/168 but 171 streets in the header. Stratham, New Hampshire - CityStrides

New Castle NH: 39/39 but 41 streets.

Epping NH: 179/179 but 202 listed

Greenland NH: 98/98 but 117 listed

+1
I have this issue with most of my completed cities. Yesterday 100%, today 4 cities are change to sub 100%. Looks like the above issue.

I just released some code changes that I hope will actually fix this incorrect count issue… I pushed all those cities in your screenshot through the update. It does look like there’s a delay in recalculating percentages, but the update itself (including fixes to counts) should go through right away.

2 Likes

Cool thanks for that. Only did it work for two of those above. The cities ‘Landgraaf’ and ‘Brunssum’ are still off

Ah, I see. I changed things in a way that won’t update the counts if nothing changed in OSM … Long-term, that seems like an ok decision, but it doesn’t help existing cities with incorrect counts. I’ll just update the city update code to always reset the street counts Just In Case™.

I manually reset the counts on those two cities & updated your percentages.

1 Like

Perfect, now i only have to wait on the recalculation for the other cities i’ve completed where several streets have all nodes green but the total count had changed due to OSM updates. That is done during the next update of the city i presume?

for instance the city ‘Stein’ has for me several streets in progress although all is green

Same here. I lost 100% in Manchester, NH and Hooksett, NH but neither show any incomplete streets

Yeah, this bug should be resolved & the counts/percentages will correct in the next city update.

1 Like

My main city was just updated. As predicted, my percentage dropped a little because of all the streets I added, but not as far as my fears projected.

More importantly, the number of streets in the city is now equal to the number of completed and incomplete streets and the percentage completed is equal to the number of completed streets divided by the total number of streets.

I also looked at the Incomplete Streets to see if the zero node issue had reoccurred. It hadn’t. Everyone of those streets had at least one red node. So things are looking up.

(Except I also noticed that my city had both a “West Silver Hammock” as well as a “West Sivler Hammock” road. Oops on OSM. I fixed it so they are all correctly spelled, which will mean that my city looses a street on the next import.)

Good job.

Actually, I did find one problem. If I clicked on Go instead of Show for a street, the view did not zoom onto the street but actually pulled out from the city. I’m not sure that’s what you intended.

2 Likes

That concept of being one of the top three to finish City has me thinking about updates again. What if you no longer can get to the city that you have done 100% of the streets? I think there is an idea about having a badge for the top three people to complete a city. Because of the city updates, and you lose 100%, it seems kind of sad.

I’m browsing on my phone now, so getting that link is difficult. When I’m back on my PC I will try to post a link to the badge idea.