Issue re-syncing Garmin activity

Thank you :+1:t2:

I deleted my latest run 25/05 as it didn’t seem to sync correctly (20 streets but percentage didn’t update). I’m trying to get it to sync that activity again from Garmin but it keeps giving an error.

just an update on this one - I ran again today and the sync from Garmin worked as expected. I tried the run from 25/05 again but get the same error.

changed the date to 26/05 in Garmin and the run has synced without issue. Doesn’t seem to like the version from 25/05 i deleted and then tried to re-sync

A post was merged into an existing topic: Site down June 2

Which error message did you receive?

Something went wrong on Garmin’s side. Try again in a little while.

or

Something went wrong. Jim got an alert for this & will look into it as soon as possible.

I’m seeing a lot of new errors pop up from Garmin around duplicate requests for past activities. The supporting detail they provide suggests that these single-activity sync requests can only happen once. I’m unsure if that’s once ever or what - I’ll get in touch with their support team to figure that out.

2 Likes

It was the error

Something went wrong. Jim got an alert for this & will look into it as soon as possible.

Thanks Gareth.
Just an update that I’m working with Garmin support on this. I hope to have more soon (hopefully in the form of the activity being present in CityStrides).

2 Likes

Hello,

Had a similar issue and possibly this hasn’t been resolved yet with Garmin.

Had an activity in Garmin that wasn’t displaying properly from 2014. Deleted the activity in Garmin and also in CS and exported the GPX from Strava and imported to Garmin again.

Tried to do a manual sync in CS and got this error - “Garmin states that this is a duplicate request.”

Thanks
Nathan

There was a recent change in the Garmin API that causes it to now return errors when CityStrides requests the same data twice. :angry: While my current avenue of resolving these issues is reporting the problem to Garmin support & asking them to manually push requests through, I am trying to figure out if there are any ways for me to account for this in my code. :sweat_smile:

Can you share your CityStrides profile link and the date of the activity that’s missing?

Update: I just happened to come across your attempts in my error reporting tool. I see you at Nathan Simpson - CityStrides and it looks like the activity was on 2014-01-27. Let me see if my idea works…

Update: My idea did not work. They block off entire ranges, so since the full history sync goes back to 2004, I cannot re-request any data at all. I’m going to have to contact their support team to figure out a sustainable way to handle this.

Update: I’ve sent off a list of activities that need to be synced, but are blocked by their new “no duplicate requests” policy - yours was included. I have no idea how long it will take them to process this list.

Had an activity in Garmin that wasn’t displaying properly from 2014. Deleted the activity in Garmin and also in CS and exported the GPX from Strava and imported to Garmin again.

:thinking: Garmin support isn’t able to find an activity for you on 2014-01-27 so I must have been wrong when I thought I figured out that date … can you confirm the date of the 2014 activity that would not sync for you?

Hey @JamesChevalier . It’s all there now. The one from Jan 27, 2014 and the extra short walk from another post.

Occasionally a run pops into my mind and I think to check it on the map.

Thanks for the site :slight_smile:

@JamesChevalier Is there any solution to this problem? I did a hike this weekend (friday to sunday). Usually I run with my watch but now I used my handheld gps (for battery life) and added the activity manually in Garmin connect. I forget to change activity type and then came here to push the sync on those 3 dates. Afterwards I changed them to “hike” but I cannot request a new sync as I get the following message: “Garmin states that this is a duplicate request.”

You don’t have to bother to solve it manually for me, since I can always use Strava to sync it (this is what I did last time this happened), and I’m also fairly certain we didn’t even finish a single street as it was mostly unpaved roads. Yet, it might be a problem others run into as well.