Issue re-syncing Garmin activity

Thank you :+1:t2:

I deleted my latest run 25/05 as it didn’t seem to sync correctly (20 streets but percentage didn’t update). I’m trying to get it to sync that activity again from Garmin but it keeps giving an error.

just an update on this one - I ran again today and the sync from Garmin worked as expected. I tried the run from 25/05 again but get the same error.

changed the date to 26/05 in Garmin and the run has synced without issue. Doesn’t seem to like the version from 25/05 i deleted and then tried to re-sync

A post was merged into an existing topic: Site down June 2

Which error message did you receive?

Something went wrong on Garmin’s side. Try again in a little while.

or

Something went wrong. Jim got an alert for this & will look into it as soon as possible.

I’m seeing a lot of new errors pop up from Garmin around duplicate requests for past activities. The supporting detail they provide suggests that these single-activity sync requests can only happen once. I’m unsure if that’s once ever or what - I’ll get in touch with their support team to figure that out.

It was the error

Something went wrong. Jim got an alert for this & will look into it as soon as possible.

Thanks Gareth.
Just an update that I’m working with Garmin support on this. I hope to have more soon (hopefully in the form of the activity being present in CityStrides).