How to repeat/redo a city?

Hi,

I completed my city (Longmont, Colorado) a few years ago during the height of the pandemic. I’m considering doing it again. In the daylight this time!

What is the recommended way to do this? I don’t want to lose all my existing activity history if it’s avoidable. I do want to be able to use the available tools that help me plan my new activities in walking every street. But I’m not sure how to do it because CityStrides already knows I walked every street.

I tried looking around for an answer for an answer before posting. If this is already answered/explained elsewhere please point me in the right direction. Thank you for your patience and helpful advice.

The recommended way is to create a Challenge for yourself that selects the city you want to re-run, gives it a start date, and sets an optional end date.
The Challenge pages automatically filter your progress by the selected date(s).

2 Likes

Thanks so much for the quick reply. Are Challenges for paid supporters only? I clicked your link and received “You are not authorized to perform this action.” I don’t see Challenges listed under supporter features so I just wanted to confirm. Thanks!

Ugh, yeah, I’m a bit behind on updating that Supporter Features page :slightly_frowning_face: and I need to customize some messaging :confounded:

Most Challenges are Supporter Features, but there are a few (Global Running Day, National Walking Day, Nodevember, a Halloween challenge, and an upcoming Leap Year challenge that I haven’t built yet) that are free to join.

1 Like