Hide Home Location & Map Filter

Was curious if there any thoughts on a feature Strava has, allowing you to mark a home address & “blurring” the start/end of runs from that location.

Also, is there any feedback on allowing users to view the map of just the streets they have ran (colored lines) without any actual street map labels/roads visible?

That Strava setting doesn’t fit well within CityStrides because if a circle around your house/work was taken out of your LifeMap you’d end up clearly seeing exactly where you live/work. It would have the exact opposite effect.

The view of just streets completed … are you describing a view of your LifeMap without any background?
I want to do that and allow people to purchase posters of that view.

Now that the map is filling in more, I can see what you mean about the home privacy setting. Will have to check it out more, and see if it makes it super obvious when checking out others.

Yes, that is what I was meaning. I just found the site today & don’t have my wallet on me, do plan to become a regular contributor. Another thing my wife & I do is print custom apparel, and decorative pieces (testing printing on wood). Would enjoy discussing a project of doing full color, custom shirts for the site & users. I saw there was a post from a couple years ago about doing shirts, didn’t see if that went too far.

1 Like