Garmin.com down

I just uploaded my activities to strava and 4 of them. My life map only added the last one. Do I need to do anything to get them on my map?

@missiejacobson, Do you see your activities on the top CS home page?
Or maybe on your profile page (pull down menu, top right, of CS page)?

I just did two, and one took a bit longer than the other.

Lifemap typically takes a bit longer to process.

Good news! Garmin Connect is coming back online. Some functionality is still limited as they bring the system back up and I wouldn’t be surprised if things get bogged down as a backlog of data is uploaded to the platform from the last four days.
The current status of Garmin Connect can be found here — Garmin Connect |

1 Like

[UPDATE: It is resolved now, thanks if someone did something! ] I have a similar issue. Went on run on thursday, uploaded it yesterday along with another activity through Strava, but my thursday run somehow doesn’t add to lifemap. Tried to re-sync the specific activity without luck.

1 Like

:sweat_smile: :flushed: :astonished:
Good point - I’d better brace for impact…

2 Likes

Should we pause Strava again? (Are you getting updates from Garmin?) Or should we wait a couple days?

Yep, signs of life!
I’m going to hold off on resuming Garmin and re-pausing Strava until I see more green at Garmin. I’m not doing anything node related for the next couple of days, so no big deal.

Hi James - I think I might have the same issue…

This activity shows up in my profile okay: Michael Shanks's Activity on July 25, 2020 - CityStrides but not on my Life Map… or have I messed it up by uploading directly to Strava while Garmin was down? :grimacing:

Thanks

Advanced LifeMap issues are almost always: This is the thread for Advanced LifeMap problems

I just started a regeneration for your account - how long it takes is dependent on how many activities you have.

1 Like

Thanks very much James - sorry for posting in the wrong place.

@JamesChevalier, sorry if I missed it, but is CS able to sync with Garmin now? Garmin status page still has some orange items, so I’m not sure.

Thank you

I don’t have much visibility into the Garmin system. The interaction is that CityStrides requests activities within a date range, Garmin replies ‘ok’ (but does not immediately reply with the activities), and at a later time Garmin sends the requested activities. If their response is not ‘ok’ & is instead an error, then my system will catch/retry that request. But other than that, I know as much as you do.

1 Like

I turned Strava back off over a week ago and my activities on Garmin have been successfully importing into City Strides. While it appears there are still some outages over in Garmin-land, getting data to City Strides doesn’t appear to be one of them.

1 Like

Thank you @fredrik.coulter, I’ll switch back too. I sunk (sync’ed) via Strava yesterday, but I’ll save the APIs for others. :slight_smile:

Garmin is, finally, all green!