Export Run - Street Statistics?

Love the update, will be visiting the home page more often now. One note - the challenges appear out of order on my page, which go April, June, May, July (all 2020), and then proceed in chronological order. Might be more intuitive to order in reverse chronology (most recent first), and also possibly have the rank next to the streets? ie:
April Absurdity (Xth place of Y Challengers)______________N Streets

This would be especially cool to see how you’re doing in an active challenge, in case you are the competitive type and seeing your live rank has you sensing glory…not that I’d know anything about that.

:man_facepalming:
I can apply an order to these. I also intended it to only display active challenges, so I’ll update that as well.

Update: Alright, the homepage will now only display active challenges sorted by their start time.

I like all the new stats on the home page! Question: where are regions defined? I see that I’ve run in 3 regions but can’t see what they are. I have my suspicions but don’t know how to verify.

They’re easiest to see from your profile page. The cities you’re running in are listed in the format:
“City Name, Region Name”
If you click through to a city page, its region name is a link out to that Region page.

I too really like the new home page.

For the regions, countries and cities, it would be really nice if you could click on that number and then it would expand to show the entire list.

Even better would be if for the countries you could get a map of the world with the countries you have run coloured in. You could do the same for the regions inside each country. It could start with a world map then if you click on an individual country, it could zoom to just that country and show the regions you have run coloured in. Although I understand this is asking a lot :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ah, okay. So in the USA, regions are states? That makes perfect sense even if it’s not quite what I had suspected. Always nice to know reality :upside_down_face:

Yeah, I had to come up with some global name for that level of area :sweat_smile: there are so many different ways that countries refer to it!

standards

5 Likes

By this do you mean a graph (and/or data table) which would show how many miles/kilometres I’ve run in each City? That would be really good as people often ask how far I’ve run, now I’m getting closer to completing my first city.
I don’t know how you’d choose to count runs which cross a city border. I’m sure there’ll be several different options [a) log it in the city where it starts; b) log it in the city with the greatest proportion of the run; c) split it per city along the route] but I’d guess that the variance will be slim either way and we’ll all be greatful for whichever you choose!

I’d love to provide this level of detail, but my initial test resulted in a very expensive database query. I need to look into it more…

Yeah, that’s another hurdle. My initial test went with counting “if any part of the activity is within the border” but there is an option to count “if ALL of the activity is within the border” & potentially an option for “activities where ALL of it is within the border and sections of activities that are within the border” (so if you did 1 mile/kilometer in cityA and 1m/km in cityB, each city stat would get 1m/km)
Again, though, with my current knowledge someone’s gonna have to back a truck of money into my driveway to accomplish these queries at the 34k user scale. :sweat_smile: I’m relentless, though, so it’s entirely possible I figure out a way to make it happen. :muscle:

1 Like