Duplicate Activities

I was impatient and synced more than once and have duplicate activities. Is it possible for me to delete those myself?

@pedestriansinpeoria I recently did the same thing while waiting for this weekendā€™s uploads. Note that while they show up multiple times in the activity page, there arenā€™t additional lines on your Lifemap, nor do the streets count more than once.

If you still want you can delete the activity by:

1. Clicking view on the activity
  2. Navigating to the dropdown by your avatar in the top right
  3. Selecting ā€œDelete Activity activityNumā€

See more info from Jim on the same topic in another recent post here:

Itā€™s strange that the subsequent attempts to sync didnā€™t see that one was already queued/running, and skip the attempt. Thatā€™s a bug that Iā€™ll have to fix.

Let me know if this looks like too big of a mess to clean up on your own.

Also, @davemorin - there actually are additional lines on the LifeMap for these activities; they just overlap perfectly so it doesnā€™t seem like it.

I also had this happen to me on the 21st. It looks like they processed different streets. I can certainly delete one but will it pick up the street that it processed that isnt in the duplicate I keep? Thanks!

CityStrides - 3 completed, 1 progressed
Dallas DeVries's Activity on February 21, 2020 - CityStrides - 7 completed, 2 progressed

Iā€™ve also had it on my Feb 21 and 22 runs.
Feb 21 has 5 entries and Feb 22 has 2.
User 9561
Duplicate activity IDs (Not listing the ones that look like they have the official street count on them):

Alright, these are being deleted now. Same with yours, @dallas.devries

I did find that the ā€œsync nowā€ code doesnā€™t check the scheduled jobs (thereā€™s running, queued, and scheduled). Hitting the Strava API limit shoves everything into scheduled, to be run at the next API rollover (depends on whether the 15min or day limit was reached).
Iā€™ll be able to fix that easily.

1 Like

Might have hit sync a few extra times today. Iā€™ll have to break this habit.

1 Like

ok - just queued those to delete

I also just updated the ā€˜sync nextā€™ code so itā€™ll:

• give you a red message if thereā€™s already a sync queued/running :rage: :rofl:
  • not stack scheduled syncs

This should fix the issue in the future but :man_shrugging: weā€™ll see ā€¦ computers are hard :grimacing:

1 Like

Well I am seeing the same thing now, and not just one, but several duplicates.

I have not requested any manual syncs (I donā€™t even think I can).

I am seeing non run/walk activities in the queue, but this thread seems to explain it: post

Iā€™ll try @davemorinā€™s delete activity method, mention above (never saw that option before, I would have started doing this sooner, as this is not the first time I have seen this, this was just the biggest).

They are clearing, but I hope itā€™s not eating up valuable API calls.

Just about every action in Strava results in a webhook. So if you change the activity title or edit it some other way, I get alerted of that.
Those edits do not result in more API calls, because the webhook contains all the info that I need.

Iā€™ll see if I can ignore the ā€˜updateā€™ and ā€˜deleteā€™ webhooks from displaying in this list.

Edit: Iā€™m actually not counting updates, so I donā€™t know offhand wtf is going on in that list now. I donā€™t know that Iā€™ll be putting much effort into this issue - this list is more of a ā€˜nice to haveā€™, in my opinion. :man_shrugging: If I can figure out a way to easily sort it out without dumping too much time into it I will.

2 Likes

Got it, thank you. I do edit, to add notes, equipment, etc. Sometimes I donā€™t get the edit right. Glad Iā€™m not eating API calls.

Whew!

You said it best:

1 Like

Hi,
I always see duplicate entries in my activities, as soon as I delete them they disappear too. but after a short time they appear again?

My Profile:

If i click the link to the RunKeeper acticity on the runs for april 19, they link to two different activities

https://runkeeper.com/user/michaelnitzsche/activity/1487724114

https://runkeeper.com/user/michaelnitzsche/activity/1487988615

Are they double in RunKeeper as well ?

Hello, thanks for the answer ! In Runkeeper the activity only exists once: .