Completed City + future streets

Hello,
My friend and I recently completed our city, Peoria, IL, with 100% of the streets and nodes, none manually. (Our user is PedestriansInPeoria)

So… my bragging is done, onto my question. :slight_smile:
I know that there are areas that were annexed but weren’t updated in Open Street Map until after the last map update. What happens when City Strides updates Peoria and there are new streets? Will the city move from “Completed” to “In Progress?” Will our percentage go down and the streets show up as needing to be completed?

I am hoping so, because we’ve already started walking some of those and hope to continue to do so. We are also starting to walk all the trails, but will have to go back to paper maps for those. :slight_smile:

Jennifer

2 Likes

Yes & Yes. On goes the Sisyphus challenge :athletic_shoe:

3 Likes

Marty,
Thanks! For our tracking what needs to be done, that actually makes it easier.

Now I’m hoping the changing border was done in OSM in such a way that it shows up right in CityStrides. I was reading James’ last post about borders and relations versus ways, and while I don’t totally understand it, it sounds like that could have an impact on our map.
Jennifer

For borders, it just comes down to the fact that I do not have those automatically updating in CityStrides yet. I have to manually run some code to update borders when someone tells me it’s wrong in CityStrides.

3 Likes

2 posts were split to a new topic: Adjust Queens city border?

When you have time, would you mind manually updating the borders for Peoria, IL?
I can see the changes to the border in OSM.
Jennifer
(PedestriansInPeoria)

Congrats on completing 100% of Peoria! In addition to paper maps what I’ve found helpful for tracking new miles on roads AND trails is www.wandrer.earth – I feel like it complements CS really well for my uses outside of completing new streets in cities as it includes all roads & trails in the county/unincorporated areas too for walk/hike/run as well as via bike.

2 Likes

Thank you! Sorry for the very slow response… I just now noticed this message.

1 Like