City progress incorrect / Completed street count decreasing

Wow, that’s awesome to know about, thank you! I use Runkeeper and have just been re-running if I can when the GPS trace ends up weird. This is so helpful!

1 Like

Hi,
I’ve lost about 70 completed streets since the updates. Here are links to my profile and an example of a street that was marked as complete at 98% and it now incomplete. Thanks for your updates!

Link to my profile:

N. Racine Avenue which should be marked complete

Screen Shot 2023-01-24 at 10.16.58 PM
That last update appears to have re-added nodes that should not be there. I’ve used CityStrides to help update OpenStreetMap and the red nodes on this “street” had been removed after I correctly changed that OSM way to the gated parking lot of the police station and is no longer a passable street, but are back again, which also means I no longer 100% that street and that city.

Here are more examples. Just trying to be helpful.
(I had completed Hales Corners last year. Now it says 6 incomplete.)

I lost 100% in this city due to the updates:

If you are looking for example from the 1/23 update

This road was complete before. I’m missing just one node (happens to be inaccessible) on a massive street (99.86%).

Hi, I lost also about 100 streets :unamused:

https://citystrides.com/users/41261/cities/97421

Still liking citystrides !!

I don’t know whether it helps to have more links, but here’s my profile and the three cities that I used to be 100% on.

I can appreciate that and thank you for the info. But I don’t use RunKeeper and I also most of this is fleeting anyway. Watching my % vacillate between 80-97% of Minneapolisin the past few days has been annoying

Yeah but the %/street count thing is a temporary blip related to what James has said elsewhere in this thread…but the issue of GPS disruption in cities is going to be eternal and not related to CityStrides. There are other ways to edit your .gpx tracks but Runkeeper is the most convenient, account is free, syncs with CityStrides, etc. Anyways, up to you, happy striding!

If the veracity of my running comes under question, I will worry about tackling the GPS disruption.

1 Like

I am having the same problem. Citistrides is forcing hard mode even though I didnt chose it. I had to go into settings and select hard mode and then unselect it. But when I logged back into city strides I had to select and unselect hard mode all over again.

2 Likes

From the 8th my street count went down this morning after I did a run
As for knowing which streets are dropped off , it woy be useful just as you get a completed streets list after a run , that your database posts a list of streets it’s marking as uncompleted after an update.

Hi James, Here is my profile to review.
Brett Pantenburg - CityStrides

Please note a couple of the streets that I’m well above 90% complete.
Bailey Lake Road - CityStrides
Bailey Road - CityStrides
Century Avenue South - CityStrides
Interlachen Parkway - CityStrides

Ann Arbor was updated; I went from 100% to having 36 streets incomplete.
Profile: Tricia Jones - CityStrides
1 of the 36 streets: Barclay Way - CityStrides
Another: Leslie Park Circle - CityStrides
Yet another: Wolverine Drive - CityStrides

I’ve looked at a few where it is random nodes sometimes at the very end of a block, a couple of these streets show node %s above 98%.

(BTW although 44 streets were updated, none of the 3 I linked here were listed as getting an update. I’m not gonna check all my 36 vs updated 44, but i find it curious that streets which didn’t even get updated have a changed status. There used to be multiple people at 100%; now there are none. Looks like Ann Arbor was updated on the 24th so I guess that’s in the “oops, still broken” window.)

Profile: Chris Irwin - CityStrides
Street: 5th Avenue - CityStrides (note: I am not on “hard mode”)

To add a positive note: I always wondered what going to hard mode would mean (actually was a bit scared of it). Now I know! It is not as bad as I feared, I lose about 80 streets in Amsterdam. Someday I will go to hard mode.

1 Like

Raleigh is a lil too big for me to be able to pinpoint which streets I’ve finished that aren’t reported as complete, but here’s the

city Bill Hoffert is running Raleigh, North Carolina - CityStrides

Profile: Bill Hoffert - CityStrides

Also Raleigh updated earlier than the 18th and I still have missing streets from there