City is inverted

It looks like Louisville Colorado was inverted from the data from OSM. Any way to fix it?

1 Like

Woah! :astonished: I’ve never seen that before.

It looks like it’s not just the display layer (blue line) but also the full data set. Like, it inverted the border then grabbed only the ‘streets’ inside those little areas.

I’ll need to completely delete and recreate this city in order to fix it.

2 Likes

Much appreciated. Since I run that area a lot too. Also, looks like Lafayette and Superior, Colorado (surrounding towns of significant size) are missing from your database. Are those easy to add (since a few of us Colorado Citystrides folks run those areas often)?

1 Like

(Kind of a tangent question: The front range of Colorado is one of the more rapidly developing areas of the US, with new streets constantly being added. Does Citystrides periodically update to include additional streets?)

I don’t have any ongoing City/Street sync in place.

When I first started this project, I found that OpenStreetMap data didn’t really allow for that type of access. Their documentation states that their IDs can change at any time, so that makes it impossible for me to have any lasting relationship. For example, if a street has an ID of 123 right now & I sync that (saving the ID locally for future reference) … and then a week from now I check to see if street ID 123 has any updates & it’s a completely different street in OpenStreetMap, then I’ve got serious troubles on my side. :grimacing: