Change of username?

Hi there,

I was wondering how you can change the username in the profile.
Some of you have custom names… and I am @969823ab4485c3f2e393 … I’d rather be not that random number. :pensive:

Can someone let me know how you did it? The preferences seem only to allow the change of full name.

Best,
Inqu

1 Like

Not 100%, but click your picture, top right of this page,
Then the tab with a silhouette of a person,
Then preferences…

And see if you can do something there.
Maybe “Name”? I can’t seem to edit “Username”

1 Like

Yeah, there is only the option to change the “name”, not the “username” …
it is not clickable or something…

1 Like

Oh well. But at least you cleared up something for me… I was assuming people wanted those weird usernames… I thought they were being clever in hexadecimal or something. Hopefully/maybe @JamesChevalier will pop his head in.

I wish!! :joy: :joy: :joy:

I’m curious on this, too. I didn’t remember having a crazy looking #/letter user name before, but perhaps I wasn’t paying attention. It certainly makes me think I look like I’ve taken my anonymity to an obnoxious level. It’s much easier to track a conversation with names of some kind in it.

And ooh, posting this I do see that at least what you put in the Name field shows (and then the #/letter combo after) That’s good!

Outside of a 3 day window after joining the forum, only I can change people’s username. This is because changing your username is extremely destructive - changing it breaks all previous links that reference it.

1 Like