Wonky GPS issue

I’m going to have this problem with North Main Street in Keller, Texas - CityStrides .

I’ve resigned myself to either traverse it twice, or get really clever and cross over to get the node on the other side of the road, then continue on that side of the road until it’s time to cross over for the next node.

I had the same experience as you and @ericjrw - my street was Cherry Street in Holyoke, Massachusetts - CityStrides

I opted to run it twice, being extra careful while running past the on-ramp :sweat_smile: (it wasn’t too hard, there’s a ton of visibility)

1 Like

For me this broad streets are mostly run on both sides. Since most times one can only run even further to the sides on a cycle path or similar.
since i run very early in the morning most of the times since last year, running in the middle of those big streets is cool and challenging due to close to no traffic around at those times.
I only manually complete (and update OSM with foot = no) if the street is not purposed to run on at all. Like highways or so

2 Likes

In my case, it’s a bit more than a big street, it’s 6 lanes and a center “turning” lane. It confounds things further, as few sections do have sidewalks. I plan to walk or run towards oncoming traffic, getting off the road when I see cars. I’ll try to pick low traffic times too!