What happens when you flag a street?

So, I’m sort of the only runner in my city using citystrides (there’s a few visitors) and have flagged all non-streets (or at least most of them). But what happens to those ‘streets’? If I have to wait until multiple people flag something there’s never going to be a change. It’s not automatic - I’ve seen that (logical, just in case one person wrongly flags a street).
I’m sorry if this is answered somewhere, but I couldn’t find anything.

When a street is flagged, it goes into a list that I can browse through to either delete or fix. I’m trying to work through the list, but there are over 4,000 flagged streets right now. :sob:

There’s a bit of a discussion on the issue of this moderation system here.

I hope to work towards fixing this two ways:

1. Set aside a certain amount of time each week to work through the flagged streets.
  2. Improve my city import process so that less junk data gets brought in.
3 Likes

James,

Is there anything we (the community) can do in Open Street Maps to help? I am new to a lot of this. For example in the town of Maynard, MA there is a “street” called FEMA. It is really not a street but the corners of two FEMA buildings (FEMA = Federal Emergency Management Agency) These buildings are Federal buildings that are fenced in and not accessible by the public. I would be happy to do something in Open Street Maps to flag this for your next import but I do not know what to do. Even if you do not re-sync to Open Street Maps I would still consider making the edits if I thought it would help other users of Open Street Maps

Dave

2 Likes

Same question from my side. I am trying to get my City 100%-complete, but that cannot be done since some ‘streets’ are not streets but non-accessible buildings.
A solution can be that if 2 different people (perhaps weighing in their completeness percentage) flag a street, it gets taken off the list automatically.