What about restricted streets with nodes

In addition to the good info from from Dave, sounds like many need to be tagged as private… Which is done in OSM.

Here’s a post on the subject: OSM question about gated private roads

It goes into a little more detail about the edit required (splitting ways and changing tags).

Sarazen was just a road (way) edit, and the change is obvious from the aerial map, so I did it. See: OpenStreetMap (it might take a while for the actual change to propagate in OSM, and a little longer for CS… roughly a month from the last update date listed on the CS page.)

Oh, I see the gate on Reba, so I added that and made the road after the gate private.

I see the gate on Fox too. So fixed that.

Same for Alert, so fixed that.

The last 3, Ave A, 13th and 5th, I don’t see gates, so don’t feel comfortable changing. If you can shed more light on that area, i.e. where the gates are, I should be able to help. Or take a shot at it yourself. As a bon-a-fide Strider, I’m sure you’ll find more edits. :slight_smile:

Welcome and congrats on Amarillo. 1870 streets (1201.52 miles) is an impressive city to complete.

PS. Just noticed Amarillo was last updated 2022-08-01, so if you are quick, you might get the changes in before the next update. That’s kinda why I jumped on those changes I did.

3 Likes